Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Abandoned Armies - 10/10  (Read 4015 times)

Offline macguba

• Former Staff
    • macguba's operation flashpoint page
Abandoned Armies - 10/10
« on: 25 Sep 2006, 15:47:41 »
A mission review doesn't normally merit a post on the General Announcements Board, but Abandoned Armies by THobson is special.    This is the first mission to attain a score of 10/10, other than the winners of the 2004 BIS Mission Editing Competition (MEC).     With the greatest respect to all the fine missions that made the top ten of the MEC (including THobson's A Defensive Strike), Abandoned Armies is in a class of its own.    It's a whole island experience, a three sided battle, a good story, a scripter's paradise and in every respect a top class mission.   If you haven't played AA, you haven't played OFP.

Mission review and download and player comment* on the Reviewed Missions board here

Interview of THobson (by nominesine, our Intelligence Depot Admin) here

*Comment on the mission itself should be posted on the mission thread on the Reviewed Missions board, not in this thread.
« Last Edit: 18 Oct 2006, 18:51:45 by Planck »
Plenty of reviewed ArmA missions for you to play

Offline Baddo

• Former Staff
  • Reservist Jaeger
Re: Abandoned Armies - 10/10
« Reply #1 on: 26 Sep 2006, 21:27:40 »
Aaah but it lags so much on me computer! Same goes for Un-Impossible by the way.

Well I guess it's about time to upgrade the hardware, then  :laugh: I very much respect people who have such a big motivation and drive to do these kinds of super monster missions, I know it takes ages to create even a small and good, truly enjoyable mission from scratch.

Gongratulations THobson!