Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: troop transport  (Read 1172 times)

Offline Tom

• Members
  • BMPs are my nemesis
troop transport
« on: 17 Aug 2006, 05:30:49 »
I want to make a mission where the player is a pilot of a blackhawk and his mission is to ferry 3 squads of infantry to a specific point. But he has to pick up one suqad, take em to the LZ, fly back, pick up the 2nd one and so on. Then when all squads are on the ground, the player has to lay down some covering fire etc. I havent a clue on how to do the 'ferrying' part. Anyone else know?

Thanks in advance
"In times of war, do not crave honour. Do not pray for order, amity or surrender. Ask only that you outlive the day."

Offline bardosy

• Honoured Contributor
  • campaign designer
    • CartooDiv
Re: troop transport
« Reply #1 on: 17 Aug 2006, 10:12:25 »
If I were in your shoes, I use three radio command (0-0-1, 0-0-2, 0-0-3). If the player are in the ground near to pick up zone, he/she can use the radio command. And when the radio command is activated, the correct squad start to embark into the BH. And when the BH is near to the drop point the squad which in cargo, start disembark...

OK. I know it's not too detaild, but I don't know how experienced are you in mission editing. Please ask detailed!
Fix bayonet!

Offline macguba

• Former Staff
    • macguba's operation flashpoint page
« Reply #2 on: 17 Aug 2006, 10:44:18 »
There are a couple of BIS missions along these lines.    Have a look at them in the mission editor - its an excellent way to learn.
Plenty of reviewed ArmA missions for you to play

Offline THobson

• OFPEC Patron
  • Former Staff
« Reply #3 on: 17 Aug 2006, 23:42:30 »
Have look at this one.  A chopper ferries three groups of soldiers to another location, it will then return, land and the crew will get out. 

You are the pilot of a second chopper.  Just put it into auto hover and watch it pick the groups up one at a time or fly your chopper with the other one to watch it drop the soldiers off off as well.  Don't get in its way.

Offline Tom

• Members
  • BMPs are my nemesis
« Reply #4 on: 18 Aug 2006, 05:39:44 »
thanks again fellas. I'll take these into account when i start making the mission. And bardosy, i would say that im fairly advanced in mediting (not noob nor leet  ;)). I can pretty much do everything except the advanced scripting and such lol.

Thanks again.
"In times of war, do not crave honour. Do not pray for order, amity or surrender. Ask only that you outlive the day."

Offline Michael

• Members
  • www.zonekiller.ath.cx
    • ZoneKillers
« Reply #5 on: 19 Aug 2006, 01:51:40 »

Hi Dudes

i have made a mission and script that you have to defend an airport untill all the civies have been picked up by civ planes.
as you fight over the airport some planes may die , it the civs they go back for the next plane. you can have as many civs as you want as long as at least 1 plane is alive it will keep comming to get the civies untill there all rescued. its fully dynamic and you may get some ideas on other aplications

Offline Tom

• Members
  • BMPs are my nemesis
« Reply #6 on: 21 Aug 2006, 14:20:03 »
nice! Just looking at what you said the mission was about gave me a few ideas... :good: