Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Join lead  (Read 1163 times)

lydiajane

Join lead
« on: 20 Oct 2002, 04:24:17 »
Help!  I'm trying to create a join lead and join to a single civilian and four potential groups that could rescue him.  I all four groups coming in on their own Join lead waypoint and the Civ with his join waypoint. I have the four waypoints sync'ed to the one.  When a leader gets to the point the waypoint disappears (cadet) and the Civ does not actually join. If you shoot him in the leg he calls out "#6 black group" hold your fire.  Bottom line is the idiot doesn't fall under the leader.

Offline Sui

• Former Staff
    • OFPEC
Re:Join lead
« Reply #1 on: 20 Oct 2002, 04:41:28 »
Welcome to the forums, lydiajane

I think you may be having issues due to the fact your guy is synced with so many groups. He doesn't know which to actually join! ;)

My suggestion would be to change all your join/join and lead waypoints to move waypoints, and use a trigger like this one instead:

Trigger

Radius: Covering the area you want your guys to get to for the civilian to join
Condition: West Present (or east depending on the side you want him to join)
Condition field: this
OnActivation Field: [ civilian ] join group (thislist select 0)

That trigger will make the civilian join the group of whomever gets to within the trigger first. Just a quick explaination of the OnAct line (if you care ;D)

[ civilian ] join group (thislist select 0)

The [ civilian ] part needs to have the square brackets, as it must be an array.
The (thislist select 0) refers to the first unit inside the trigger's radius (just note the trigger will only 'see' west units, as it is set to west present). The group (thislist select 0) refers to the group that unit is is.

So in summary, the line tells the unit civilian (which is in array format, as the command requires) to join the group of the first west unit that enters the trigger.

Hope that helps you out. Happy editing ;)