Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Throw Weapon?  (Read 1094 times)

Offline OrnelP

• Members
  • "The true battlefield is within"
Throw Weapon?
« on: 08 Jun 2006, 11:34:34 »
 ???     Hey all me again...   this time my problem is this... I used to have a problem with some actions that i get in my menu ex.  "drop ladder"   it used to never work, then i updated to 1.96 and i can drop from the ladder anytime i want to.  My new issue is when i have a soldier launched weapon, like an rpg or AT launcher, it gives me the action option after firing the round "Throw Weapon" But it never does anything? is my version messed up and should i consider reinstalling and retrieving all the addons i have :O plz help Thx - Ornelp
War is delightful to those who have had no experience of it
- Deciderius Erasmus

Offline bedges

• Administrator
    • OFPEC The Editing Center
Re: Throw Weapon?
« Reply #1 on: 08 Jun 2006, 11:55:10 »
is this in relation to a mission you're playing, or does this happen even when you place a default law unit on a map?

Offline 456820

• Contributing Member
« Reply #2 on: 08 Jun 2006, 17:38:27 »
Are you sure its "Throw weapon" i have never seen that before, could be "Drop LAW Launcher" or something simillar?
If so try asking on the BIS forums as they will be able to give a better answer.

Ive never seen the "Throw wepaon" command so could be your version?

Offline Cheetah

• Former Staff
« Reply #3 on: 08 Jun 2006, 19:36:41 »
Is this an action added to a unit that comes with an addon? Or do you mean the standard drop weapon X that came with resistance, which can be used even if you've got a full weapon.
Like missions? Help with Beta Testing! or take a look at the OFPEC Missions Depot for reviewed missions!

Offline RujiK

• Members
  • KoKo Puh-Fizzles!
« Reply #4 on: 09 Jun 2006, 20:14:40 »
This is not an addon action and I have it as well on my OFP and as you have stated, it does nothing.
It comes when you look through binoculars and have no other weapons. The action "Weapon Throw" comes onto the screen and as far as I have found does nothing. I do not believe their as any current patch for this although it is a small problem.
I like your approach, lets see your departure.
Download the New Flashlight Script!

Offline OrnelP

• Members
  • "The true battlefield is within"
« Reply #5 on: 10 Jun 2006, 00:47:21 »
Yeah it was just bugging me, nothing big but a ability to throw something when done with it in the heat of combat is useful, because im sure throughout all our gaming experiences there was once a time when we all have been shot when i single second could have made a difference, this option would have been one of them.  Like if im a AT gunner and exposed, i shoot at a tank, then throw the weapon and run.  In the OFP you have to squat away slowly or wait for an ANIM to set the gun on the floor.... if it was me i would just throw it and run....oh well. :)
War is delightful to those who have had no experience of it
- Deciderius Erasmus