Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Looking for Snypers camera tutorial.  (Read 1319 times)

Offline Speeder

• Members
    • OFP.nu
Looking for Snypers camera tutorial.
« on: 04 Jun 2006, 10:45:51 »
I'm Looking for Snypers camera tutorial. I can't find it anywhere. Anyone got a good tutorial which is easy to understand.
There are 10 kinds of people in this world. Those who get it, and those who don't.

Offline Planck

• Honoured
  • Former Staff
  • I'm never wrong ....I'm just not always right !
Re: Looking for Snypers camera tutorial.
« Reply #1 on: 04 Jun 2006, 12:06:31 »
OK, umm, I have this camera tutorial which I believe is snypirs one.
I have attached it below.

Hope it is the one you wanted.   ;)

Planck

[attachment deleted by admin]
I know a little about a lot, and a lot about a little.

Offline Seven

• Members
  • Am I a llama?
« Reply #2 on: 04 Jun 2006, 12:58:56 »
I'm Looking for Snypers camera tutorial. I can't find it anywhere. Anyone got a good tutorial which is easy to understand.

In addition I would like to tell you (can't find that post I read some time ago) you can use this exec "camera.sqs" from the init line of an object.
You don't need a camscript for that in ur missionfolder; just try it.
Press "L" to remove the crosshair, move arround with the keyboard buttons you allways use + the numpad.

Hit control button once, alt+tab to a notepad, and paste you'll be surprised if you don't know that function.
It made me understand a little better the starting of camerascripts.

Greetz

Offline Speeder

• Members
    • OFP.nu
« Reply #3 on: 05 Jun 2006, 11:36:39 »

In addition I would like to tell you (can't find that post I read some time ago) you can use this exec "camera.sqs" from the init line of an object.
You don't need a camscript for that in ur missionfolder; just try it.
Press "L" to remove the crosshair, move arround with the keyboard buttons you allways use + the numpad.

Hit control button once, alt+tab to a notepad, and paste you'll be surprised if you don't know that function.
It made me understand a little better the starting of camerascripts.

Greetz

Nothing happens when I try to paste it into notepad.
There are 10 kinds of people in this world. Those who get it, and those who don't.

Offline RichUK

• OFPEC Patron
  • Have fun!
« Reply #4 on: 05 Jun 2006, 13:26:46 »

Hi Speeder...

The most like reason that you do not get anything in Notepad after you press the <Ctrl> key, then <Alt><tab> into Notepad, is that you have re-defined the <Ctrl> key action.  Check what settings you have set up for your keys under OFP.  :-\

I attach a suplimentary camera tutorial as a Wordpad file, which may help you too.

[edit] I had to change the file extension of the file from camera_tutorial.wri to camera_tutorial.doc, to get it to attach (as wri was not an allowable file type).  If you have MS Word installed, I suggest your change it back to wri, after you download it, so you don't have to wait half and hour for Word to load - it will automatically load in Wordpad instead (it is the old Windows Write extension!).  If you don't have Word, then it will open into Wordpad with a doc extension anyway.[/edit]

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Speeder

• Members
    • OFP.nu
« Reply #5 on: 05 Jun 2006, 15:23:24 »
Dude - you guys are so awsome. You were right about the redefination of my fire key.
This is the best. Now I can make all my small intro's without the hazzle.

Would it be okay with you, if I translated your tutorial to Danish, and posted it on my website? Of cource I would put your name on it, but just so that other ppl might have the bennefit of reading it.

cheers.
« Last Edit: 05 Jun 2006, 16:34:57 by Speeder »

Offline RichUK

• OFPEC Patron
  • Have fun!
« Reply #6 on: 06 Jun 2006, 01:05:44 »

Hi Speeder

Thanks for the nice comment; glad to be of service!  ;D

Regarding pasting of the Danish translation on your web site, I see no problem with that, provided that you credit OFPEC as your source (not me!) and keep the real author's information within it in English too:

Version 1.0 - By Messiah - Help from KTottE and Cedaie
Version 1.1 - Corrected ommitted information - Thanks to MI_Fred

Richard.

Offline Speeder

• Members
    • OFP.nu
« Reply #7 on: 06 Jun 2006, 21:46:19 »
got it.