Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: AI Unit boarding Black Hawk  (Read 1020 times)

advocatexxx

AI Unit boarding Black Hawk
« on: 20 Oct 2002, 18:28:07 »
Okay so after making a mission for 3 days and play-testing it for 2 I still have one bug which seems not to exist when I preview the mission in the editor, but which always happens during multiplayer.

Basically I want the Black Hawk that lands NOT to lift off unless a unit "angel" is on board.  The unit angel is controlled by the AI and I wish that unit to board the chopper to lift off.

But neither one happens.  She doens't board the chopper, and the chopper seems to just touch down and lift off without anything boarding it.

Can anyone PLEASE take a look at my mission and see why she is not boarding it ?

Thank you very much.
Here's the mission.

http://materialized.com/misc/2-6_C_MirrorCage.Eden.pbo

In case my description is confusing here is a breakdown of it all:

Once the chopper lands, I DO NOT want it to lift off until a specified unit has boarded it.

AND

I want the speficied unit (AI) to board the chopper once it lands.

I've already tried executing triggers that assign that unit to the same group as the chopper once is lands.  It's driving me crazy that it works flawlessly when previewed from the editor but never ever works in multiplayer.
« Last Edit: 20 Oct 2002, 18:46:52 by advocatexxx »

Skaven

Re:AI Unit boarding Black Hawk
« Reply #1 on: 21 Oct 2002, 10:32:38 »
This is how I do that, a Load waypoint for the Chopter over the H and a Get In waypoint over the H for the soldier or group, than syncronise both the waypoints, and they should wait for each other before proceeding.
Try It  ;)