Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: The Best huey ever  (Read 3366 times)

Offline DaCoroner

• Members
Re:The Best huey ever
« Reply #15 on: 22 Oct 2002, 19:37:37 »
The Gunship of cpt.Moore have a Big Bug the Pilot and Gunner can shot down with two shot of am m-16 the Copitglasse have no armor and you can shot down two mens a uh1 x have armored Copits glasses!

EvilMadcat

That's no bug.  Having serverd as a crew chief on UH-1Hs in the 80's I can assure you they had no armored glass, in fact the only armor built into the bird was the armored seats for the pilot and copilot and even those weren't in the earliest hueys.  If you're really curious, the only glass on them was the windshields, the windows on the doors (all of the doors), the two "greenhouse" windows (above the cockpit), and the two chin bubbles (below the cockpit) were plexi-glass.
« Last Edit: 22 Oct 2002, 19:39:20 by DaCoroner »

palleand

« Reply #16 on: 22 Oct 2002, 22:02:51 »
Except for one thing the rotor sound isnt that good i like martins huey sounds more  8)

foodstamp

« Reply #17 on: 24 Oct 2002, 14:06:59 »
its looking increasingly likely that there will be be a dust off huey in there, we are exploring the idea of letting the mission makers decide on which squadron/type of huey the hueys are from by adding the mp clan markings to the nose, doors and bottom of the huey, and i believe there is a command to manually edit these textures(and we could include 30-40 squadron/general purpose 256x256 textures to choose from), it would also mean we dont need a new model (which we desperately dont need atm, the pack is getting a little chubby) all it would need is a cpp change to allow people to heal there, as each dust off carried two medics, so it would look like a normal huey except the red crosses

id like to see the 498th dustoff in there