Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Movie  (Read 1354 times)

nogreymatter

Movie
« on: 15 Dec 2005, 03:28:10 »
I don't know what topic to really put this in, but its movie/cut scean related so I guess I'll put it here. All I really want to know is if there is a way I can take a OPF cut scean (i.e. intro/outro) into a windows media player format.

Offline Ding

• Contributing Member
  • Jurassic Park
Re:Movie
« Reply #1 on: 15 Dec 2005, 07:40:54 »
theres no way to save it like that, but you can record it while its running with a tool called Fraps which will save a file to your computer
"If I remain lost and die on a cross, atleast I wasn't born in a manger"

junkie-xL

« Reply #2 on: 15 Dec 2005, 11:39:31 »
The result depends on your computer. OFP and FRAPS are both very resource-hungry. Don't film too many units at once, reduce the viewdistance with fog etc. allows you to reduce stuttering.

nogreymatter

« Reply #3 on: 15 Dec 2005, 18:36:33 »
Yeah I have a decent computer. 1 gig RAM and 2.0 GHz processor. have any of you used it?

Offline 456820

• Contributing Member
« Reply #4 on: 15 Dec 2005, 18:45:57 »
ive used Fraps the only down side is that if you download it you get a logo saying Fraps throughout the movie and you must register which costs to get rid of the logo

Offline Tyger

• Former Staff
  • I was at OFPEC when it still had dirt floors...
    • OFPEC
« Reply #5 on: 16 Dec 2005, 02:57:40 »
You can always set up a camera on a tripod, and tape it that way  ;D
"People sleep soundly at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell

MSG Mike Everret - We Will Never Forget - '75-'08

Offline The-Architect

• Former Staff
  • Bite my shiny metal...
    • Bob's Un-official Flashpoint Page
« Reply #6 on: 16 Dec 2005, 04:29:21 »
Fraps will do what you want. The Logo doesn't really get in the way.

http://www.fraps.com/download.php
James Andrew Wilkinson 1977 - 2005 R.I.P.
"If it ain't the friggin' incoming it's the friggin' outgoing. Only difference is who gets the friggin' grease, and that ain't no friggin' difference at all."

Offline 456820

• Contributing Member
« Reply #7 on: 16 Dec 2005, 21:15:25 »
the logo may not get in the way of the film but if you wish your film to look profesional like a real trailer from TV then the logo will not make it look profesional plus people will start to flame about the logo so its best i think to find a program which has no logo and since im also looking for one if someone knows where to get a free one please state me to a link via PM or IM or whatever its called

nogreymatter

« Reply #8 on: 18 Dec 2005, 00:04:02 »
I'm not to worried about the logo, as long as it's not a big ass one right in the middle or something.

How come I can only get the recording to last 30 seconds? Is there a way to change that?

Never mind about that just found that part out.

Is there a way to tie the movies together, like using a video dubbing system?
« Last Edit: 18 Dec 2005, 02:05:41 by nogreymatter »

Offline 456820

• Contributing Member
« Reply #9 on: 21 Dec 2005, 21:27:47 »
if youve got windows XP then you should have Windows Movie Maker its a great tool i use it for videos i make (none ofp related) and it works great stick the movies together and text and some effects add music etc etc.
If you dont then youll need to download something i at the moment use this program its not great and it does come with a very small logo at the begining but doesnt stay there so you should be alright with it. Its not as good as Windows movie maker but its a lot easier to use

Offline Ding

• Contributing Member
  • Jurassic Park
« Reply #10 on: 21 Dec 2005, 21:50:17 »
if you dont want the fraps logo download a registered version using a program of some sort.
"If I remain lost and die on a cross, atleast I wasn't born in a manger"

Offline Planck

• Honoured
  • Former Staff
  • I'm never wrong ....I'm just not always right !
« Reply #11 on: 21 Dec 2005, 23:32:48 »
 :hmm:

Planck
I know a little about a lot, and a lot about a little.

Offline Morglor9

• Members
« Reply #12 on: 24 Dec 2005, 07:21:51 »
some versions of Fraps simply don't have the logo. on ofp.gamezone.cz, under "Utilities" there are two versions of Fraps. Version 1.9D doesn't have the logo, but version 2.0 does. Also, when i downloaded the latest from the site, i don't think it had the logo, either... can't say, cause i deleted it...
Cymbaline