Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: OFPEC Christmas Competition  (Read 17917 times)

Pierre

Re:OFPEC Christmas Competition
« Reply #60 on: 06 Jan 2006, 01:31:39 »
wouldn't it be more interesting to display all videos online and announce the result later?

Yeah...Exactly !!!

Artak, I think it's a great idea  !  ;)
« Last Edit: 06 Jan 2006, 01:33:18 by Pierre From Belgium »

Offline Artak

• The old beanbag shaker
  • Former Staff
  • You want to talk about it, yes?
    • OFP Team Finlanders
« Reply #61 on: 06 Jan 2006, 16:09:07 »
There are so few submissions that we'll be able to judge them in a reasonable amount of time. Most of the work has actually been done already.
Once judged, we'll know which ones are worthy to host and host them we shall. It'll be a top 5 sort of thing or something similar.  :)
Not all is lost.

Offline dmakatra

• Members
  • Better known as Armsty
« Reply #62 on: 06 Jan 2006, 16:15:42 »
Yeh, why'd you have to make it a Christmas competition? You haven't got any spare time during Christmas. :'(

Offline Artak

• The old beanbag shaker
  • Former Staff
    • OFP Team Finlanders
« Reply #63 on: 06 Jan 2006, 18:29:14 »
Well, I could tell you but then I'd have to kill you (in MP). Don't worry though, we've got some more good stuff coming up as we make our way towards the spring.  ;)
Not all is lost.

Pierre

« Reply #64 on: 14 Jan 2006, 13:19:03 »
...to judge them in a reasonable amount of time.

???...LoL...

Maybe tomorrow ?

;)
« Last Edit: 14 Jan 2006, 23:47:10 by Pierre From Belgium »

Offline Artak

• The old beanbag shaker
  • Former Staff
    • OFP Team Finlanders
« Reply #65 on: 15 Jan 2006, 14:06:20 »
OFPEC Christmas Cutscene Competition 2005
Winner and top 5

Ladies and lady likers, the judging phase is now complete with a clear winner and 5 quality runner ups, ready to be adored by the public eye.

The judging went fairly easy because none of the submissions needed a big bunch of addons and many were in video format. The team of judges consisted of macguba, Tyger, The Architect, Pablo, Jimboob and myself. Many thanks to you guys on putting in the extra effort when needed.
The method of judging was simple. Each judge downloaded every submission and gave it a rating from 5 to 1, but so, that they could only give one submission the max 5 points, the next best 4 ect. until finally give the last 1 point. This system makes the best (what we thought was the best) stand out from the worst, but does not necessarily distinguish the quality difference between the cutscenes. If cutscene #1 has 30 points and cutscene #2 has only #5, it doesn't mean that cutscene #2 is SO much better, it just means that it's better.  :)

All in all, the competition was a big success, not quite in the amount of submissions, but more so in the quality of the cutscenes. Thanks to all who participated in any way and congratulations to the winner from the whole OFPEC staff. I hope you enjoyed making these as much as we enjoy viewing them. We had some good laughs while judging and although Christmas is long gone now, I'm sure you can all find it again with this top 6 selection.

The prize, a signed copy of OFP: Elite will be in the mail and on your way shortly Hotshot. Congratulations once again.  :)

The Winner!
Winner with 27 points - Hotshot's "I Need You" ( download video 12.1mb )

"It was a nice little video and had a clear story and message." - The Architect
"..i liked the idea of this one a lot." - Pablo
"An emotional video.." - Jimboob
"Highly emotional, well advancing plot, clear and understandable message, almost (almost) got me bursting into tears when she apeared at the guys doorstep." - Artak
"Technically and artistically the most accomplished entry." - macguba
"It was emotional, and reminds me of my Christmas last year. More of a personal touch for me. And it was nicely done." - Tyger

2nd place
2nd with 22 points - C0LDSt33L's "Shadows of the Motherland Christmas Special" ( download video 7.5mb )

"This was a very nice looking video which was humorous" - The Architect
"Some of the lines of the song were funny, on the whole it was just too ridiculous for my tastes." - Pablo
"A very humerous and nice version of jingle bells,  even better as its with OFP" - Jimboob
"Very original with the selfmade jingle bells song, found it very funny." - Artak
"..the song is funny, original, well written, Christmassy and is matched perfectly by what you see." - macguba
"I thought it was humorous, and he made the song flow nicely. Plus the singing was funny itself." - Tyger

3rd place
3rd with 19 points - Pierre From Belgium's "OFPEC Movie" ( download video 15.9mb )

"Goes to show simplicity can go a long way." - The Architect
"..nice camera angles, a nice song, no bad jokes.." - Pablo
"What christmas envolves, snow, snowmen and santa." - Jimboob
"If I were Jerry Bruckheimer I'd hire this guy as a camera operator in The Rock 2" - Artak
"Nicely shot and plot-driven.." - macguba
"I'm a cold-hearted cold-blooded government-trained killer so it didn't work." - Tyger

4th place
4th with 13 points - Cheetah's "OFP Goes Xmas" ( download video 19.6mb )

"..a pointless subject matter let it down." - The Architect
"Some quite funny parts, good use of sound effects, every scene advancing the story, nicely put texts." - Artak
"It has lots of imagination and ideas even if the execution isn't always perfect." - macguba
"There was some good humor in it" - Tyger

5th place
5th with 9 points - sergeantmajor1's "Christmas Special" ( download video 6.1mb ) | ( download pbo 16.8kb )

"For me this was the most humerous of the offerings." - The Architect
"..very clumsy and hasty effort." - Artak
"..the drunken rifle swirling was great." - macguba

6th place - the odd award
6th with -100 points - Mikero's "Xmas Credits" ( download video 14.1mb ) | ( download pbo 1.1mb )

"I was amazed when I watched it." - The Architect
"i don't think this score needs any explanation..." - Pablo
"All it was for me was watching my character while text appears." - Jimboob
"You're an odd fellow Mikero." - Artak
"This is definitely a case of artistic talent exceeding technical knowledge." - macguba
"Need I say more?" - Tyger

« Last Edit: 18 Oct 2006, 19:40:32 by Planck »
Not all is lost.

HotShot

« Reply #66 on: 15 Jan 2006, 16:28:42 »
Heh, thanks guys ;D I really appretiate the comments on it. I saw Pierres movie shortly after submitting mine and didn't think i would have a chance, and Shadows of the Motherland is certainly orginal and funny to watch, so there's great movies to watch, gone Christmas or not.

bored_onion

« Reply #67 on: 15 Jan 2006, 17:51:24 »
yeah nice job HotShot. it was a great competition with some good cheer and a deserving winner.

Offline dmakatra

• Members
  • Better known as Armsty
« Reply #68 on: 15 Jan 2006, 18:03:46 »
Haha, Coldst33l's contribution was ace! ;D

mccallum1992

« Reply #69 on: 15 Jan 2006, 18:16:05 »
All of the files I've downloaded say that they are invalid or corupted when I open them! :o Is this just me??? ??? :'(

Offline 456820

• Contributing Member
« Reply #70 on: 15 Jan 2006, 18:49:18 »
works fine for me

Ha ha love the shadows of the motherland one, how long did it take to make up that ?

One question HotShot, do you have an Xbox to play it on  ;D Great vid though

Offline hoz

• OFPEC Site
  • Administrator
« Reply #71 on: 15 Jan 2006, 19:25:52 »
I've downloaded all of them and they work fine for me.

;D

congradulations hotshot!

Xbox Rocks

Offline nominesine

• Former Staff
  • I'm NOT back!
    • The IKB Forum
« Reply #72 on: 15 Jan 2006, 23:32:09 »
Congratulations. Nice work hotshot.
OFPEC | Intel Depot
RETARDED Ooops... Retired!

Offline NightJay0044

• Former Staff
  • Let's make OFPEC great again
    • My Steam Workshop
« Reply #73 on: 15 Jan 2006, 23:56:29 »
HotShot~
Hey Nice work there on the camera shots, angles and enviourment. Once a person has a lot of skill in OFP they can achieve the unimaginable.

Congrats on 1st place.

Who's hyped for Arma4, long live Arma!

Offline macguba

• Former Staff
    • macguba's operation flashpoint page
« Reply #74 on: 16 Jan 2006, 02:31:29 »
Mccallum they all fundamentally work but if you're having problems post details and I'm sure people will help you.   It is our intention that everybody who wants to has a good time watching these.
Plenty of reviewed ArmA missions for you to play