Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: OFPEC Christmas Competition  (Read 17930 times)

Jim666

Re:OFPEC Christmas Competition
« Reply #15 on: 19 Dec 2005, 22:16:35 »
i think i know what the prize is, a copy of Arma  ;D

::)

Offline macguba

• Former Staff
    • macguba's operation flashpoint page
« Reply #16 on: 20 Dec 2005, 11:50:51 »
Its a night of passion with Angelina.  :gunman:
Plenty of reviewed ArmA missions for you to play

Offline Artak

• The old beanbag shaker
  • Former Staff
  • You want to talk about it, yes?
    • OFP Team Finlanders
« Reply #17 on: 20 Dec 2005, 13:54:48 »
OFPEC Christmas Cutscene Competition 2005
or in short OFPEC's CCC-05

In association with BIS, OFPEC is arranging a Christmas-spirited cutscene competition. The purpose of this competition is to produce short, quality and most of all funny cutscenes, which we all can then watch over and over again with joy and Christmas spirit in our hearts.  :)   

If you are Hindu, Buddist, Muslim, Hebrew, Agnostic, Atheist, etc., don't worry, we want you to join in.   Christmas is about all kinds of things - love, joy, peace to all men, snow, sleighbells, presents you don't want, Christmas specials on the TV, eating too much, falling out with your relatives .... This competition is so that the whole community can have a bit of fun.

The rules
  • Entry must be in either mpg, avi, wmv or .pbo format. We strongly encourage mpg, avi or wmv!
  • The cutscene must be made in the Christmas spirit spiced with plenty of humor and good will
  • You need to be registered to the OFPEC forums
  • All entries must be packed using .zip format.
  • Include a 100x100 .jpg screenshot image of your cutscene in the .zip
  • The cutscene must be new, it cannot be published earlier anywhere. Your speed is at test.
  • All .zips must include a moviename_readme.txt with the following mandatory information:

Author name/nick
         Author mail
         Any other contact info

File format
         Cutscene length
         Credits
         Addons (Accurate url to the precise page where it can be found; It's name; What it is; Who made it; Version number; Filesize;  Mirror links in case main link dies)

• The entry file must be under 20MB.
  • The cutscene length is not limited, but we suggest you keep it from 30 seconds to 2 minutes.
  • Any addon used should build up the feeling of Christmas. For example a winter island, or Santa Claus addon. We strongly advise you to keep the amount of used addons as low as possible, if you're submitting in .pbo format!

• Only one entry per author is accepted.
  • Failing the requirements will result the entry being deleted without a notice.
Schedule
Competition starts NOW! (go go go)

Submission closes on 12:00 GMT, 2nd January 2006.

Competition ends in early January 2006 (if all goes well even sooner) and the winner and runner ups are announced at OFPEC.

Submission
Submission will be done by using a special interface. Bear with it if you're uploading a large file.
You need to have a OFPEC forum account for the submission to work.
It's strongly advised that you use the FTP upload method!

The Submission page

Judging and scoring
Judging will be done by a selected team of judges among the OFPEC staff. The cutscene earning most points wins. Judges are not allowed to enter the competition.   The judges' ruling is final - you can complain about it, but it won't do you any good.

The prize
A copy of Operation Flashpoint: Elite (for Xbox) signed by BIS crew themselves, nothing more nothing less. Only the winner gets a real prize, others get fame and glory.   In a joint submission the one to receive the prize will be the one mentioned first in the included readme.

Hints, Questions and Comments
For video editing, you can try Windows Video Maker, Avid Free DV or Game Cam.

You can ask questions in this thread.

« Last Edit: 18 Oct 2006, 19:32:59 by Planck »
Not all is lost.

marcus3

« Reply #18 on: 20 Dec 2005, 15:06:08 »
mmm, how did u get the crew to sigh the game?  ??? jst wondering  ;D

Offline Artak

• The old beanbag shaker
  • Former Staff
    • OFP Team Finlanders
« Reply #19 on: 20 Dec 2005, 15:29:57 »
macguba promised them a night of passion with Angelina. Who could refuse.
Not all is lost.

Offline dmakatra

• Members
  • Better known as Armsty
« Reply #20 on: 20 Dec 2005, 15:50:42 »
Does it have to be all OFP? Am I allow to add stuff like green screening, special effects, etc? As long as the bulk is OFP it's ok, right?

Offline Artak

• The old beanbag shaker
  • Former Staff
    • OFP Team Finlanders
« Reply #21 on: 20 Dec 2005, 17:23:56 »
You're allowed to edit the video, yes. As long as the cutscene itself is done in OFP, we don't mind about editing the video like adding fades, credits, voice dub ect.
Not all is lost.

Offline dmakatra

• Members
  • Better known as Armsty
« Reply #22 on: 20 Dec 2005, 17:30:28 »
What about green screening? Like you know that video with the guy being chased by a Hind and all.

I'm trying to avoid the OFP camera as much as possible becuase, quite frankly, it sucks. ;D

Offline Terox

• Former Staff
  • Follow the Sappers!
    • zeus-community.net
« Reply #23 on: 20 Dec 2005, 18:13:32 »
an idea.

Prior to the release of Arma, it would be a cracking prize if you ran another mission competition, and have a prize as a signed first edition Arma dvd with a very low if not 00001 serial number
Zeus ARMA2 server IP = 77.74.193.124 :2302
Teamspeak IP = 77.74.193.123

Offline Artak

• The old beanbag shaker
  • Former Staff
    • OFP Team Finlanders
« Reply #24 on: 20 Dec 2005, 18:16:48 »
Hehe, good idea Terox, though I don't think we're THAT good friends with BIS.  :D
Not all is lost.

Offline 456820

• Contributing Member
« Reply #25 on: 20 Dec 2005, 19:33:40 »
DAMN i dont have an X-box >:( ill still take part though ill have to find some time to do it

Offline Artak

• The old beanbag shaker
  • Former Staff
    • OFP Team Finlanders
« Reply #26 on: 20 Dec 2005, 21:59:06 »
I noticed a local store selling Xbox for 99 euros. It's damn cheap if you ask me. So if you win, you've got a good reason to get one.  ;)
Not all is lost.

Offline macguba

• Former Staff
« Reply #27 on: 20 Dec 2005, 22:47:42 »
I just bought one for seventy something quid online in the UK..... mind you it hasn't arrived yet....  :o    

Some shops are no longer stocking it because the Xbox360 has arrived.    I don't know whether OFP:E works on the 360:  we do know that BIS did not get a chance to test it on the 360.

ProudPotter2490

« Reply #28 on: 20 Dec 2005, 23:27:55 »
I just bought one for seventy something quid
Xbox for 99 euros
Huh :wow:? Geez, I thought it would be worth £30, standard price to be honest. But £70? And I thought the new X-Box 360 games at £50 were a tad much. Begs to wonder how much OFP:E will be (if released) on the X-Box 360, doesn't it ::)?

d**n i dont have an X-box
Same scenario 456, perhaps if you do win (which you wont 'cause I will :booty:), the receipt/invoice is in order ;)?

Hehe. Merry Christmas all :).

Offline macguba

• Former Staff
« Reply #29 on: 21 Dec 2005, 01:03:55 »
I thought it would drop a lot more too.   But a lot of the places that are still selling it have it at £99.  Don't forget there is a vast corpus of existing games.

Last I heard there were no plans for an OFP version for the 360 (although Elite might work in 360, I have no idea) and I would be very surprised if BIS bothered.