Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: OFPEC Christmas Competition  (Read 18393 times)

marcus3

Re:OFPEC Christmas Competition
« Reply #75 on: 16 Jan 2006, 07:27:05 »
Hotshot, that was a fine ;)

Pierre

« Reply #76 on: 16 Jan 2006, 13:23:20 »
Congratulation HotShot...! As I told you on the BIS Forum, your creation was really original with a clear storyline ! That's good job !!

Keep this way !

And thank you Artak for your nice comment !

Pierre

PS: HotShot, send us a picutre of the award !  ;)

bored_onion

« Reply #77 on: 16 Jan 2006, 18:57:06 »
All of the files I've downloaded say that they are invalid or corupted when I open them!

this might be a product of unzipping the files from their archive form. if you've been extracting them and then watching them try opening them from inside the archive. if you've been watching them from inside the archive, try extracting them and watching them separately. illogical i know but thats windows for you. also check your version of windows media player (if you don't have it try updating whatever product you do have - and if that fails get Windows Mediaplayer) is up to date.

mccallum1992

« Reply #78 on: 16 Jan 2006, 21:58:50 »
Ah, thank you for the advice!! ;)

Well done everyone who entered!! And well done hotshot! ;D ;D

Edit: God Darn it!!!! Only the Shadows of the motherland one will work, but hey, it's still VERY good!!!!
« Last Edit: 16 Jan 2006, 22:09:35 by Mccallum1992 »

Dionysos

« Reply #79 on: 17 Jan 2006, 02:08:33 »
Help me now! I have downloaded "I need you", and most programs can play it... But the colours are messed up! The movie is supposed to be in normal, OFP colours, no? Well, when I play it, it looks like a washed up rainbow in which I can only faintly make out the shapes of the characters! Please help!

Offline RichUK

• OFPEC Patron
  • Have fun!
« Reply #80 on: 17 Jan 2006, 05:19:13 »
First of all, I would like to give warm  thank you to everyone who entered the competition.   I thought the top five entries were all good, and some were excellent.   ;D

Congratulations to Hotshot who's entry was a worthy winner.  C0LDSt33L's entry had me in stitches and the cinematics in Pierre's entry were second to none, but I enjoyed them all.  I hope that a Christmas Compo will be a a regular event from now on...  ::)

Now to those having problems viewing the entries...  :(

I am lucky in that I have a very fast cable Internet connection, so downloading stuff is normally fast and easy.  Understandably, the download bandwidth is "throttled" from OFPEC, but I downloaded all of the zip files, two at a time.  I found that I had a problem with one of them, which somehow managed to corrupt during the download.  

I normally unzip stuff with WinRAR using the "Extract Here" right-click option (as it will handle zip, tar.gz and tar.Z files, amongst others, as well as rar) and it told me there was a problem with the archive.  I checked it with WinZip too, with the same result, so I deleted it and downloaded it again and at the second attempt WinRAR unpacked it with no problem.

For those of you who have been unable to view one or more of the entries, I suggest that you do the same, preferably at an "off peak" time if you have a slow connection.

One other point.  While most entries are in Windows Media Format (wmv), Cheetah's entry is in MPEG, so you may need to install some DVD software on you machine to install the correct codecs, etc. to play it.

Hope this might help someone...  8)

(there is unlikely to be anything inherently wrong with the zip files themselves).

Offline Placebo

• BIS Team
  • BIS Community/PR Manager
    • Bohemia Interactive
« Reply #81 on: 18 Jan 2006, 17:34:33 »
Might be worth mentioning that VLC Media player is a very useful (and free) video player which seldom worries about a video file being broken or having codec issues, not only that but it is also an essentially region free DVD player to boot :)

http://www.videolan.org/vlc/

Edit: Oh and of course congratulations to everyone that entered, specifically Hotshot for winning :)
« Last Edit: 18 Jan 2006, 17:35:09 by Placebo »