Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Forum Stars  (Read 11127 times)

Offline macguba

• Former Staff
    • macguba's operation flashpoint page
Re:Forum Stars
« Reply #45 on: 12 Nov 2005, 23:51:30 »
but will start to clutter up the editors depot again with scripts put together within a few minutes which havent had much testing
Couldn't happen.    All submissions to the Editors Depot are checked by Ed Depot staff.   If they do not meet the required standard then they are not accepted.    This has always been the case and will not change.     It is theoretically possible that the Pending list will get cluttered up with rubbish, but the Ed Depot itself will not.

In any event scripts should be posted on the Editing/Scripting Beta Testing board BEFORE submission to the Ed Depot.  
Plenty of reviewed ArmA missions for you to play

Dubieman

« Reply #46 on: 13 Nov 2005, 00:15:19 »
But karatan, don't you get a little tired of the jokes? Its flogging an olde hampster it is. ;D

mccallum1992

« Reply #47 on: 13 Nov 2005, 00:21:44 »
Here is my sensible British opinion on all of this. ;D

Personally I think the idea is good, it shows all of the people who make a difference to the big Ofpec machine. I myself, however am human and deep inside I get a little 'Miffed' that someone like myself who has been around for a good few years and has answered any questions I have tried to answer and has always been there for Ofpec, is on the same level to a person who joined yesterday. If I was to do do my own star system, I would have a person who has just joined to have 1 star and then after maybe 1 year to have it upgraded to 2. Just my opinion folks.

Offline Planck

• Honoured
  • Former Staff
  • I'm never wrong ....I'm just not always right !
« Reply #48 on: 13 Nov 2005, 00:28:41 »
Hmmmmmm.......we are still in the process of going through the member list, you have to be patient.

We probably haven't got through them all yet........13,000 + members.   ::)

Planck
I know a little about a lot, and a lot about a little.

Offline Sui

• Former Staff
    • OFPEC
« Reply #49 on: 13 Nov 2005, 09:05:51 »
I'm hoping the no stars thing is simply a slip up in ur speach, Sui. As every new member starts with 1 star, I'm gonna hope you didn't mean you'd start taking them away, too.

An unregistered member will have no stars, but still be able to download from us ;)

And no, we won't be taking stars away once awarded (Unless of course you don't want them).

Offline rado1265

• Members
« Reply #50 on: 13 Nov 2005, 16:08:00 »
But karatan, don't you get a little tired of the jokes?

Not really GRK, because for me a (very bad) 'joke' begins with a very first post here.

EDIT:  And I asking the admin, that do not give or add me any stars, not now, not ever.  Thank you.
« Last Edit: 13 Nov 2005, 16:21:31 by karantan »

Offline Morglor9

• Members
« Reply #51 on: 14 Nov 2005, 04:34:51 »
An unregistered member will have no stars, but still be able to download from us ;)

sounds like my first year or so at OFPEC. here, but not "here".
Cymbaline

Offline Tyger

• Former Staff
  • I was at OFPEC when it still had dirt floors...
    • OFPEC
« Reply #52 on: 15 Nov 2005, 00:37:04 »
Or like my first two two years, where I didn't really understand wtf the forum was for, so didn't bother with the medleing registering. And then it clicked ;D
"People sleep soundly at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell

MSG Mike Everret - We Will Never Forget - '75-'08

Offline Triggerhappy

• Contributing Member
  • Llama, it's what's for dinner.
« Reply #53 on: 30 Nov 2005, 22:47:28 »
karatan, have you ever heard the old saying "if you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all"?

honestly, criticism is good whether negative or positive, but you take it way too far.  You are proving yourself to be the kind of person that this [VERY] small detail is supposedly going to bring.
I see no problem in rewarding those who genuinely help people, and thats not because i have my 2 stars. in fact, i thought it was a mistake (fancy that ::)) i can tell you this for sure:
if i was new to the community, and asked a question on the forums, i would be happy to know who was giving me an answer, someone who knows what they're talking about, or someone who just thinks they know.
and you know what else? these stars truly make me feel no different. if i had no stars i would be just as happy.
you say that the admins sound like broken records, but i only see you mumbling the same things over and over again.

dmakatra has the same belief as you, as do a few others, but i have no problem with them, because they POLITELY stated their feelings and the subject, while RESPECTING those of others.  perhaps you should try to learn a little from them about behaving yourself
« Last Edit: 30 Nov 2005, 22:48:02 by Triggerhappy »

Offline Sui

• Former Staff
    • OFPEC
« Reply #54 on: 30 Nov 2005, 23:40:36 »
Yeah... I think this issue is pretty much closed mate ;)

# Topic Locked