Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: (Review Completed) [CAMP] Mission Pack One V1.3  (Read 12148 times)

Offline greg147

• Contributing Member
    • Royal Air Assault Battalion
Re:Mikero's Mission Pack One V1.2
« Reply #30 on: 06 Dec 2005, 21:22:05 »
Noticed a major showstopper on the mission 'Facile Ground'

I don't even know what was going on. The begining was fine. We got in the M113, and a cutscene started. It showed about 2kms whizzing across the screen at high speed, then stopped at a tree. Nothing happened for 5-6 minutes, so I cheat-saved, and loaded game so the cutscene would stop.
I find our squad in the M113, rolling across country with 2 bradleys and an abrams. I ask my number 2 to report status, and he tells us the we're just outside Chapoi, on the complete oposite side of the island. We get the order to get out, and I can't. My squad gets out fine, but theres no 'disembark' option for me. So I sit in the M113 watching the tanks go into a completely empty town, and then I quit.

No idea what happened there  :-\
Royal Air Assault Battalion - [L/Cpl] Greg
RAAB

Offline 456820

• Contributing Member
« Reply #31 on: 06 Dec 2005, 22:00:56 »
by the mission Facile ground you mean the one made by Sui ?
if so ive never encountered that problem on the mission unless Mikero has been doing some editing on it then i dont have a clue

also Mikero ill try to do some testing i couldnt before but ill try some time im trying to catch up fom the editing on my campaign i missed and trying to get it to a beta stage
but anyway ill try playing sometime tomorow

Offline Pilot

• Contributing Member
« Reply #32 on: 07 Dec 2005, 00:07:21 »
I just finished Facile Ground with no errors or showstoppers.  Everything seemed to work the way it was supposed to.

-Pilot

marcus3

« Reply #33 on: 07 Dec 2005, 00:11:52 »
after the first mission on nogova, silint night something, by winters, it keeps showing a black screen, and says "nogova isalnd" it wont get past dat..ideas?

Offline Mikero

• Former Staff
  • ook?
    • Linux Step by Step
« Reply #34 on: 07 Dec 2005, 00:20:54 »
after the first mission on nogova, silint night something, by winters, it keeps showing a black screen, and says "nogova isalnd" it wont get past dat..ideas?

aaargh I hate you I hate you I hate you.

you're right 8)

Btw you're in the wrong thread Marcus!

Just say no to bugz

Offline macguba

• Former Staff
    • macguba's operation flashpoint page
« Reply #35 on: 07 Dec 2005, 02:08:42 »
Somebody should start testing v1.2 in the middle ... we're all going from the beginning so troubles near the end could get missed.    
Plenty of reviewed ArmA missions for you to play

marcus3

« Reply #36 on: 07 Dec 2005, 06:57:00 »
sorry mate, bookmarks.... ;D

Offline greg147

• Contributing Member
    • Royal Air Assault Battalion
« Reply #37 on: 07 Dec 2005, 20:03:46 »
Somebody should start testing v1.2 in the middle ... we're all going from the beginning so troubles near the end could get missed.    

I'm testing from the middle. I simply replaced the old pbo file with the new one and clicked continue.

(It took me back to the ambush mission, about 7 missions before the one I was on.)

Maybe its because I did this that I got the error with Facial Ground.  :P
« Last Edit: 07 Dec 2005, 20:04:39 by greg147 »
Royal Air Assault Battalion - [L/Cpl] Greg
RAAB

Offline macguba

• Former Staff
« Reply #38 on: 07 Dec 2005, 20:29:55 »
No problems with Facile Ground for me.   Sounds like a wierd ofp thing... computer going mad temporarily.   Don't tell me they don't.

Offline macguba

• Former Staff
« Reply #39 on: 07 Dec 2005, 22:10:13 »
Error missing editorupdate102

Immediately before Sniper John 1 CZ

but Intro ran ok.

However, after I had successfully completed that mission OFP exited automatically "Error in campaign structure"
« Last Edit: 07 Dec 2005, 22:29:27 by macguba »

Offline Mikero

• Former Staff
  • ook?
    • Linux Step by Step
« Reply #40 on: 08 Dec 2005, 01:09:45 »
Error missing editorupdate102

Immediately before Sniper John 1 CZ

but Intro ran ok.

However, after I had successfully completed that mission OFP exited automatically "Error in campaign structure"

jesus!

just shows you the value of beta testing these things doesn't it. you can look and look and look and not spot obvious problems

@Greg

I am going to ignore the Facile Ground error (for now) on the basis that the sequence of missions played is different in each of the versions. Ofp saves a copy of the description.ext in ~user/ and uses that copy to progress, so, it was probably pointing to the 'wrong' missions when you played.

Another thing I've learned now. Don't do that Mikero!

edit:
the sequence is different because I removed some missions !!!

@macguba

found it, 'normandy' outro uses AAA364 which is a dead give-away for an editor requirement. The early mission stuff never stated addon[]= requirements properly, if at all, hence my scanner couldn't detect it.

my message was it was missing AAA364, NOT editor102 as such. I hope that's what you actually meant, I don't see how the engine would 'know' otherwise.

have removed normandy from the pack, it will go into a future editor mission pack instead.

'error in campaing structure'

nope. not here, you *might* have been playing old campaign save against new revision?

« Last Edit: 08 Dec 2005, 02:10:58 by Mikero »
Just say no to bugz

Offline macguba

• Former Staff
« Reply #41 on: 08 Dec 2005, 12:52:21 »
I was about to write I'm playing pure v1.2 but its true that although I did delete the old version I did not manually delete the savegames.  Although I never got to that mission on the old version ... odd.

The error did say editorupdate102.  Nothing about AAAblah.

Offline Mikero

• Former Staff
  • ook?
    • Linux Step by Step
« Reply #42 on: 09 Dec 2005, 01:10:24 »
>i did not manually delete the savegames

if you started from the start however, rather than continue, the effect should have been the same.

>definitely editor102

ok, this is an engine wrinkle which I'll investigate, It would appear to be engine pre-knowledge, which means your editor102 was in one of the official foilders for it to have scanned it. There's no associative link between the missing unit AAAxyz and any given pbo. Afaik, only the name of the unit was in the mission (a classic, pre-resistance, authoring error). It's obviously (now) off topic to the thread but thank you for this useful info.

Just say no to bugz

Offline macguba

• Former Staff
« Reply #43 on: 09 Dec 2005, 01:15:13 »
The only EU I currently have installed is GB's which is in my regular Addons folder.

I did start from the start.

Offline Mikero

• Former Staff
  • ook?
    • Linux Step by Step
« Reply #44 on: 09 Dec 2005, 05:02:14 »
>I did start from the start.  

which means you effectively erased the save games imho. Which is fine and doesn't now explain your stall. (I dont' get one)

>GB's which is in my regular Addons folder.

excellent. I don't. Partly because I don't allow anything in there. and mostly, so I can be certain when beta testing whether author forgot to state them!

So that explains why I get a unit error, wheras your engine 'knows' where the unit is and is complaining that the need for it isn't mentioned (sigh)

If it were the reverse, i'd understand a bit better why you, not me, get a stall. but,,,,, this is all good info.

I doubt actually the stall has anything to do with it. I'll try and recreate it here.

Just say no to bugz