Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: real towns  (Read 1342 times)

Offline 456820

• Contributing Member
real towns
« on: 18 Nov 2005, 17:34:44 »
okay most of you should of relised that the towns and cities in ofp are nothing like real ones its not just a few houses dotted around its loads and loads with lots of different roads, gardens and fences/walls and it doesnt just end as a town like in ofp it carries on but the houses get less dense
or atleast thats what its like where i live (Manchester, UK)

so i was wondering are there any good islands which have real town styles ? not just a small binch of houses im planning on making a small mission which will get the most out of urban combat in ofp

anyway, any ideas ?

edit - preferably a winter one ive got a very cool urban WW2 mission
« Last Edit: 18 Nov 2005, 17:59:13 by 456820 »

Dane

Re:real towns
« Reply #1 on: 19 Nov 2005, 03:00:08 »
The only winter island i know of with a WW2 feel is John's Winter Island, but it was never finished and there are some error messages when loading in the editor.
Anyway, you can find it here: http://ofp.gamezone.cz/index.php?sekce=islands&archiv=true&page=2

..and it only has one town.
« Last Edit: 19 Nov 2005, 03:02:30 by DaneDK »

Offline 456820

• Contributing Member
« Reply #2 on: 19 Nov 2005, 10:15:26 »
hey i was looking at that yesterday actually thats what decided to make a WW2 based mission ill have a look at it see if its any good
any other winter islands would be great i would prefer not a retextured malden or like that a new island for the player to explore

thanks

Offline Trapper

• Honoured Contributor
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #3 on: 19 Nov 2005, 13:50:39 »
I've just read this german review about an island called Kodiak 2.
The screenshots show some large villages, and it is available as summer and winter version (requires Winter Nogojev).
Island theme is Scandinavia.