Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Can't see markers...  (Read 1085 times)

Offline Jonny

• Members
Can't see markers...
« on: 28 Jul 2006, 20:50:32 »
I'm going to ask some very noobish questions, but i can't help it sorry.

Firstly: when i do mission edditing and preview the mission, I look at the map whilst I am playing the mission and there are no markers/icons whatever for displaying myself, freindly or enemy units nearby (you know... the circles with the line to show your direction). Is there a setting to make sure that icons are always displayed on the map?

Secondly, I can't work out how to assign a marker to a group in the chain of command mod. I can add a team and control it, but the marker for it will not appear on the map. (If i download an editable mission, default groups will have markers but groups I add don't.)

If you could help me out i would be most grateful.
« Last Edit: 28 Jul 2006, 20:55:10 by Jonny »

Offline supershooter

• Members
  • 2+2=4
Re: Can't see markers...
« Reply #1 on: 28 Jul 2006, 22:29:41 »
hi,

1. That would be probably be because you have got it set to 'Veteran' mode. You have to change to cadet to see the lines and cirlces.
2.Dont know much about the CoC Mod.

Offline Wolfrug

• Addons Depot
  • Former Staff
  • Official OFPEC Old Timer
Re: Can't see markers...
« Reply #2 on: 29 Jul 2006, 11:02:19 »
As to the CE2 adding-new-groups bit ;

if you read the Editor's Manual, there's this bit on how to define new editable groups in the userinit.sqs;

In general, a single group definition is given by:

_groupdefinition= [groupname, "NAME", ["callsign", color], courage, "marker", [initialstate], transGrpID, WPs]   

where the entries have the following meaning (see example above for illustration):

groupname       
name of group as defined in the OFP editor   
"NAME"      
any string, used as name in menus and displays   
"callsign"      
an OFP callsign like "Alpha", "Kilo"   
color         
an OFP group color like "GroupColor0", use the shorthands _none, _green, ... as defined in the header   
courage      
number from 0,...,1, reflecting the courage of the group; 0 means low courage
"marker"      
name of marker to be used on the map to show position of the group. Select an appropriate markertype. Color and size are automatically adjusted.

[initialstate]
= [state, behaviour, combatmode], defining the initial state of the group.
The initial state can be:
""      group in halt mode
"WP"      group will immediately follow WPs upon mission start
"FORM"   group will stay in formation with its team leader
behaviour defines a set of behaviour parameters, use the shorthands _safe, _assault, ... as defined at the head of the userinit.sqs
combatmode can be "BLUE", "GREEN", "WHITE", "YELLOW", "RED"
   behaviour and combatmode are optional.
transGrpID
= group ID (index of the element in rSquadParameters) of an assigned transport group. E.g. in the above example, group "INF" (ID=1) has group "CH-47" (ID=4) as its assigned transport. Use -1 for no assigned group.

(important parts highlighted by me)  Ergo, do it normally, except be sure to write in a marker name, and then create the corresponding marker in the editor :)

Reading manuals = good idea.

/Wolfrug out.
"When 900 years YOU reach, look as good you will not!"