Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: So i got my .ogg file?....  (Read 3633 times)

Offline jens198

• Former Staff
  • Falcon 3.0 forever!
Re:So i got my .ogg file?....
« Reply #15 on: 17 Oct 2002, 02:30:40 »
@ SharkDog

just one thing that happend to me one time. after doing a lot of missions with musc and sound one day none of my missions played the sounds. no error message, just no music. solution for me was to turn up the music volume again in the audio options menu. i droped it to zero because i was anoyed by some other mission's music and forgot to turn it up again.

jens
Try to look unimportant; the enemy may be low on ammo and not want to waste a bullet on you!

Kaliyuga

« Reply #16 on: 17 Oct 2002, 03:17:03 »
 Going along with what Messiah said... you might want to make sure that the .ogg file is constant bitrate and not variable bitrate ... ;)

red devil

« Reply #17 on: 23 Oct 2002, 22:26:37 »
hi u couldn't all help me 2 could u i can do all the other stuff "i think" but i cant convert the files i want 2 i got a converter from here:-

http://www.opflashpoint.org/features/ogg_converter.zip

its a little fish (hehe) but i put my file in it like it askes me to and says it is not compatable it only handles 44.1kHz/16bit and mine is a 22.050000/8bit, mono. how do i convert it??? help please
« Last Edit: 27 Oct 2002, 18:12:55 by red devil »

red devil

« Reply #18 on: 27 Oct 2002, 18:14:30 »
please...

Kaliyuga

« Reply #19 on: 27 Oct 2002, 20:48:19 »
 Well.. 44.1k/16 bit is standard sampling and bitrate for a CD...
 Is your file a wav?  if so.. you can just go to

C:Programs/Accesories/Entertainment/Sound Recorder

in your windows.. open the wav in the recorder.. select "save as" and it will allow you to choose a bitrate and resolution for your .wav file.. easy as that.. ;D

Zahael

« Reply #20 on: 30 Oct 2002, 06:12:24 »
Hey Shark, heres the thing.  I followed along with the instructions in the post about copying the description file provided and changed white zombie and shit with my song "Shawshank" and got exactly the same thing with "music Shawshank not found"

Frustrated, I fiddled and fiddled for ages until I realised something.  When I changed that white zobmie stuff with shawshank, I didn't actually change everything that needed to be changed.

Eg Before it looked like this.

class CfgMusic
{
      tracks[]={music};

class music
      {
            name = "";
            sound[] = {\Music\barber.ogg,db+30, 1.0};
      };
};  

Now I changed barber in this case with shawshank, but I forgot to change also the "music" word in both the tracks section and class bit.  It should have looked like this:

class CfgMusic
{
      tracks[]={shawshank};

class shawshank
      {
            name = "";
            sound[] = {\Music\Shawshank.ogg,db+30, 1.0};
      };

};

Because those are the labels that the editor actually looks for.
If you change yours to look like this, it shoudl work fine as long as your but rate is acceptable.  I suspect it is, and in the end it was a relatively simple problem

Another thing, your editor reads your description file once upon loading up your mission.  If you change your description file, it won't be noticed, so you must exit the editor then get back into it if you change you .ext file

Hope that helps

Zahael

Offline XCess

• Former Staff
« Reply #21 on: 03 Nov 2002, 20:04:53 »
Yo need speech marks around the file name.