Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Tutorial (Idea)  (Read 664 times)

Offline NightJay0044

• Former Staff
  • Let's make OFPEC great again
    • My Steam Workshop
Tutorial (Idea)
« on: 30 Sep 2005, 06:49:51 »
IDEA
My mind has been coming up with a nice idea for a little tutorial for beginner mission creators and maybe as well as more advanced ones.

THE TUTORIAL
Alright, here are the steps that you should create in mission editing, from what the "Prima'a official strategy guide" said. Also you may have gotten this small booklet when you bought the Gold Uprade I think awhile ago. Here are the steps, similar to movie making, says the book.

1) PREPERATION:
Plan before you create, the more planning you do the less time it takes to actually make the mission.

2) THEME AND OBJECTIVE:
The theme is what you want the mission to be about. Such as a Russian assault on a nato tank force. Or a black ops raid on an anti-tank unit. The theme and objectives usually intertwine.

3) UNITS FOR THE MISSION:
Here you create your characters, such as what you want the player to be, are there any supporting allied forces, etc.

GREAT IDEA
Well what if you were to sit down and think about this really. Brainstorm, on every soldier, tank, etc. For example.

What if you were going to create a mission. You were so lost on what you wanted to create. This is what I say is a really good idea. Think, all right, I want the player to be a Sgt.Machine Gunner. Then you think, well what is the machine gunner capable of?

-Taking out a large number of enemy soldiers with his many rounds.
(okay, so he could be a support unit in a squad.)

-What he's not capable of is, sniping units off from a far range effectivily like a sniper. So you know you can cross out any type of sniper mission for this machine gunner.

-He can take out a convoy with his machine gun, as long as there is no armour.
(all right, so he could be part of a convoy strike, and mow down some soldiers and convoy's.)

-Basically, the machine gunners primary business is to be in the main part of the battle field, or maybe he can get lost, and be on his own, but his noise will attract attention.

You think, well I kind of know what kind of mission you can make. You can do this with any soldier, and any tank, or any kind of unitl. Think of what they are capable of doing, and what they are not. Okay okay, i'll write it in tips..

TIPS

-Pick any random units, such as soldier, tank, helicopter etc.

-Think of what they are capable of doing and not doing.

-Take those answers, and say well what kind of mission can I create then with these details?

-Then think of what kinds of challanges these characters can come across.

Like for instance, you cant have a sniper take out an enemy T80 can ya? Well maybe in your world.  ;D

Okay everyone, this is kind of my tutorial on something I could make, these are all ideas, to get your brain moving. Comments, please!
Who's hyped for Arma4, long live Arma!