Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: (Review Completed) [SP] Dirty Trick - In The Name Of Peace  (Read 10238 times)

klavan

Re:Dirty Trick - In The Name Of Peace
« Reply #45 on: 29 Sep 2005, 18:51:33 »
Thank you very much  Mikero!  :thumbsup:
Take all the time you need to do it, there's not much hurry. I can even update a fixed version after the official release.
Thank you again.
Klavan

ps
Your italian is improving day by day..... :wow:
« Last Edit: 29 Sep 2005, 19:14:25 by klavan »

Offline burroughs

• Members
  • Join SpetsNaz: meet interesting people and kill'em
    • Grupa Reagowania Operacyjno - Manewrowego/Mobilnego
Watch out! We,ve got a bug!!! ...
« Reply #46 on: 29 Sep 2005, 18:58:50 »
Hey, Klavan!
I could be doing that, but no sooner had I found out that you need someone that a moment ago. Nevertheless, maybe it's better that way as I might not fulfil the assignment once taken up and screw up shamefully. I am about to finish the mission I am presently testing for the Architect and it takes some time as I play the REALISTIC WAY. And the real life also could be an obstacle that you sometimes just can't handle at all.
Anyway, I played your mission again, with the same settings, but for the mission type which was sniping and the method of insertion: I chose parachute.
Even though I prefer a team play, I had the best fun, laser designating the target for an airstrike. And when I had decided to give this mission a go again, choosing a sniper mode, soon I realized that it's not my way of doing this kind of job. Maybe it's the fact that I had played the mission three times already, but I don't think so - each time before you managed to arouse my interest with some interesting changes and twists in the plot, so it's not like that.  
The capture sequence is not that bad, but there is something wrong about it. After the mission reaches an automatic retry point, it's ok until you retry it. Normally after a chat with a rebel leader, he's gone and you have to get out, attacking your guard. After reloading the rebel leader is still there! Moreover, there is another COMSUBIN operator, standing deaf & dumb next to me! He gets shot soon after, I managed to escape, greased the leader and vanished in the dark. The chopper inbound crashed a few times, even in the open, when the route is too linear. Afterwards I received a message in the debriefing that the IAH leader is still alive and mission is failed, although I shot him twice - and point blank once.
I suggest you look into it. Remember what we sometimes can read, playing OFP: something like " ... sometimes a great work is wasted by the lack of  little more ..." This mission deserves a little more work to make it perfect in every way and in every mode. Congratulations.
"...1st rule regarding SpetsNaz: you do not talk about SpetsNaz.  2nd rule is: you do not talk about SpetsNaz.  3rd rule is to obey the first two. ... "/ V.Suvorov, "SpetsNaz; the story behind the Soviet SAS."

Offline Mikero

• Former Staff
  • ook?
    • Linux Step by Step
« Reply #47 on: 29 Sep 2005, 19:15:52 »
@Burroughs

much appreciated by me if YOU would do the English translations please. I am 'occupied'. Please confirm (an IM will do to keep this thread clean). You are very enthusiastic about this mission and will give the translation a lot more care than I would.

@Klavan

>Your Italian is improving....

HA! What would you know? That was Spanish (I think) ???
Just say no to bugz

klavan

« Reply #48 on: 29 Sep 2005, 19:30:35 »
@Burroughs
Man you're great!
Obviously in the script the savegame occours after the deleting both the rebel and the comsubin, personally i've always retried it by manually saving after the cutscene when all the texts lines are exipired, so i nevr noticed it.
If you want to fix the texts take the files from the zip attacched in my previous post. There are some differences from the ones included in version 1.05.
In the stringtable add your name in the lines that credits who fix 'em by replacing the Xs.
Thank you very much.
« Last Edit: 29 Sep 2005, 19:31:17 by klavan »

Offline burroughs

• Members
« Reply #49 on: 29 Sep 2005, 19:39:36 »
That's a roger and I'm on my way to do that, but it definitely is going to take a few more days and maybe only a little sooner. In return I demand another mission of yours, " ... featuring Pedagne Mod units involved in the civil war on Tonal ..." - or several more ;) Await the results.
"...1st rule regarding SpetsNaz: you do not talk about SpetsNaz.  2nd rule is: you do not talk about SpetsNaz.  3rd rule is to obey the first two. ... "/ V.Suvorov, "SpetsNaz; the story behind the Soviet SAS."

Offline burroughs

• Members
The Dirty Trick texts - fixed by burroughs
« Reply #50 on: 01 Oct 2005, 13:45:11 »
Hi there, klavan.
I managed to correct both the briefing & stringtable files and I was pretty cautious so as to avoid any mistakes that could affect the quality of the outcome and I would be to blame. I think it's the best I could probably and should be released. However, if yoy wish have a look into it and if any doubts come about, feel free to consult the eventually following fixes with me. Or else ..
If I can further help you in anything, don't hesitate to bother me ... ;)
burroughs

Offline burroughs

• Members
Must have been some error ...
« Reply #51 on: 01 Oct 2005, 13:50:23 »
I hope that the zip archive gets attatched this time ... >:(

klavan

« Reply #52 on: 01 Oct 2005, 15:02:22 »
Thank you burroughs!
I've got the files and i'm going to check 'em for eventual problems. Don't worry about the quality, i'm sure it's superb.
Again, thanks a lot for your help.
Klavan

klavan

« Reply #53 on: 15 Oct 2005, 16:37:56 »
Mission released.

Grab it here:
http://www.ofpec.com/missions_depot/index.php?action=details&id=111

The new version (1.1) includes several changes and some new features, fixes and improvemnts.
In addiction is compatible with the new PedagneMod releases: this means that is no longer compatible with the old addons.
Same for my previously released mission Operation Weasel, now updated to version 1.3.

Before closing, I wish to thank the followings:
Mikero, Trapper,  Cheetah and especially Burroughs.
For the beta test, the patience, the ideas and the help.

See you next time.  :wave:
Klavan

Topic solved.
« Last Edit: 02 Jun 2009, 01:58:20 by Walter_E_Kurtz »