Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Urban  (Read 775 times)

Tom Delonge

Urban
« on: 05 Sep 2005, 11:25:59 »
What should be taken from Ravenshield is the behaviour of soldiers in urban area (can be special waypoint such as "search and destroy (urban)") using tight column formation. ;)
I like how the buddies covers your sides and the last one turns back on every stop.
Hey Guys this is possible with a Script?
 :-\        

Offline 456820

• Contributing Member
Re:Urban
« Reply #1 on: 05 Sep 2005, 13:16:38 »
i never thought of this yes it is very possible indeed not too hard i dont think i may be able to create it and i think i shall have a go for you when its done ill post it in the scripting beta boards and supply you with a link but it may take some time for it

Offline 456820

• Contributing Member
« Reply #2 on: 05 Sep 2005, 13:32:55 »
oh yeah there is also an urban AI script in the beta scripting pages made by sentinel
http://www.ofpec.com/yabbse/index.php?board=27;action=display;threadid=20876

its pretty good but it doesnt include everything you said i think but give it a try

Tom Delonge

« Reply #3 on: 05 Sep 2005, 13:49:46 »
Thank you, I wait your zip file! ahahhahah ;D

Tom Delonge

« Reply #4 on: 05 Sep 2005, 18:57:09 »
456820 I saw the script made by sentinel, I think that's ok but your squad should to follow the leader like Rainbow Six.

Maybe I have a solution but I don't know: If you modify the files with formation scripts of OPF? can you reduce the distance between soldiers like in column ??? I'm not sure!!!

Thank you   ;)

Offline greg147

• Contributing Member
    • Royal Air Assault Battalion
« Reply #5 on: 05 Sep 2005, 22:33:30 »
I did see a program somewhere that allowed you to make your own formations, but I'm not sure where it was  :P

I'll keep looking for you. If there is a was to make the formation closer, and have the units walk instead of run, it would be really good  :)
Royal Air Assault Battalion - [L/Cpl] Greg
RAAB

Offline macguba

• Former Staff
    • macguba's operation flashpoint page
« Reply #6 on: 05 Sep 2005, 23:06:17 »
IIRC there is a custom formations script in the Ed Depot.
Plenty of reviewed ArmA missions for you to play

Offline bedges

• Administrator
    • OFPEC The Editing Center
« Reply #7 on: 05 Sep 2005, 23:21:48 »
just played around with the idea of bodyguard formation - see attached. if anyone knows of how to stop the loons reporting that they're in position (short of disabling the radio), let me know ;)

Offline THobson

• OFPEC Patron
  • Former Staff
« Reply #8 on: 05 Sep 2005, 23:29:28 »
This would be good for AI formations that the player has to deal with - the radio messages would then not be a problem :)

Offline bedges

• Administrator
    • OFPEC The Editing Center
« Reply #9 on: 05 Sep 2005, 23:32:26 »
i've just had a look at general barron's custom formations scripts - he disables the radio ;)

Tom Delonge

« Reply #10 on: 06 Sep 2005, 18:47:13 »
 ;)
Bedges, he disables the radio so that you don't hear (for Exemple: 3 Ready,4 Ready etc).
I think that barron's custom formations script is very good, but the problems are:

1) When your soldiers move in  formation, and the leader moves, your team remaining still, before return to formation. there is a delay!

2) The distance between leader and team is too far.

For these problems I think that you should work in barron's scripts.

Thank you and sorry for bad english. :-*