Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: (Review Completed) [SP] Body Grab  (Read 6612 times)

Offline Tyger

• Former Staff
  • I was at OFPEC when it still had dirt floors...
    • OFPEC
Re:Body Grab v0.96
« Reply #15 on: 30 Sep 2005, 00:58:19 »
Did you click the ENTER button? It's an Active Text Rsc. (For the password)
"People sleep soundly at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell

MSG Mike Everret - We Will Never Forget - '75-'08

guenon

« Reply #16 on: 30 Sep 2005, 11:52:21 »
If i CLICKED the enter button?? ... uhm ... aham .. NO

Offline Tyger

• Former Staff
    • OFPEC
« Reply #17 on: 01 Oct 2005, 01:50:43 »
Yes, it's supposed to be clicked. I'll change the text on that :P
"People sleep soundly at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell

Offline Cheetah

• Former Staff
« Reply #18 on: 01 Oct 2005, 17:33:58 »
Tyger, the addon links you provide don't work when clicked. You're directing to http://ftp//, please fix these links. It's easier for others who don't see the fault.
Like missions? Help with Beta Testing! or take a look at the OFPEC Missions Depot for reviewed missions!

Offline Tyger

• Former Staff
    • OFPEC
« Reply #19 on: 02 Oct 2005, 23:02:10 »
Ah, thanks :P Mozilla has a problem when copying links :)

Offline Cheetah

• Former Staff
« Reply #20 on: 03 Oct 2005, 10:09:57 »
I tried your mission saturday and found it enjoyable. The problem was that our weapons were too strong for the enemy soldiers. A shot in the upper leg of an enemy meant it's death. To make a long story short, I killed all of the enemies in St. Pedlo and couldn't capture one of them.

We attacked them in surprise, it wasn't enough to make them scary. They were more willingly to die. It was a pity for me, I'll try the mission again later this day. Then I'll write a longer report on your mission, I've got some ideas to complete the mission.

Oh by the way, that phone ... I feel stupid.
Like missions? Help with Beta Testing! or take a look at the OFPEC Missions Depot for reviewed missions!

Offline Tyger

• Former Staff
    • OFPEC
« Reply #21 on: 03 Oct 2005, 13:51:22 »
Oh by the way, that phone ... I feel stupid.
;D I'll always throw in a trick or two.

They were more willingly to die.
I'll try decreasing their fleeing amount in the next release.

A shot in the upper leg of an enemy meant it's death.
Really?!? I haven't had this problem. :P The only time this happend for me was when I used the M21.

Offline Mikero

• Former Staff
  • ook?
    • Linux Step by Step
« Reply #22 on: 03 Oct 2005, 16:32:59 »
Gee, I tell you what, the quality of the jpeg advertising piccies has improved in this and at least 3 other missions. I guess some authors are having a lot of fun with this.

Just say no to bugz

Offline Cheetah

• Former Staff
« Reply #23 on: 03 Oct 2005, 18:10:51 »
Here a short summary on the things I experienced and are worth telling you. I hope they are of any use to you. If I need to clarify something, just ask me.
I'm not really in the mood of doing a long report and I don't think that your mission needs it. It feels pretty good, there's only some problems with the most important system. At least, from what I've experienced.

To begin with I'd like it if I get more control over the captives. I don't really know how this can be implemented, but when they follow me they get into the line of fire. So I'd like it if there's an option for me to let two of my soldiers wait in the back of the town with the POWs. When doing this I'm free in doing what I want to.

Another thing that I noticed was that soldiers in M2 positions are having problems surrendering. They put their hands on their back, but can't move. The enemy battallion officer got into a M2 gun and shot me even though he surrendered. Was he faking it? I don't think he was. The other battallion officer surrendered too, but he didn't come with me whem I toggled "follow" on.

The last comment that I have is that it seems like that the enemy soldiers get killed when they surrender and you order them not to follow you. In the south of the town I had two POWs waiting for me to follow me. The problem was that they weren't there in the end when I was looking for them. Neither of the POWs seemed to be alive. Only the battallion officer was alive, the problem was that he didn't move. Pretty strange, do the enemy soldiers shoot the POWs?

I don't know of anything else that I should mention, other than that I like your intro / outro and the whole mission. It's a mission concept that I like and there's only some problems with the POW script if you ask me.

Offline Tyger

• Former Staff
    • OFPEC
« Reply #24 on: 04 Oct 2005, 01:18:27 »
I'll take a look into it. ;)

I'm using General Barron's AI Surrender script(s) and they work fairly well overall. What I have noticed is that if you use the Take POW Captive action before they have finished their surrender animation they tend not to move.  :P

To begin with I'd like it if I get more control over the captives... So I'd like it if there's an option for me to let two of my soldiers wait in the back of the town with the POWs.
If you halt the POWs, then send two of your men to move to positions near the POWs, then they wont run away. You only need any group member to be within something like 100 or 200m. I'll see what I can do, though.

The last comment that I have is that it seems like that the enemy soldiers get killed when they surrender and you order them not to follow you.
The way the scripts handle this is to make the captives join a west group. They still have setCaptive enabled, so its just that they seem to get in the way. Not sure how to fix this. :P If you have a suggestion/something you'd like to see just post it.

I don't know of anything else that I should mention, other than that I like your intro / outro and the whole mission. It's a mission concept that I like
Thanks mate. Glad you like it :D

Offline Tyger

• Former Staff
    • OFPEC
« Reply #25 on: 04 Oct 2005, 18:55:55 »
When you say "more control over the POWs", would you want something like an Extract Current POWs action?

This would mean if you have three POWs right now, and you don't want to deal with them, you could withdraw to another area and a helo would arrive to take them out.

Offline Cheetah

• Former Staff
« Reply #26 on: 04 Oct 2005, 19:26:30 »
An "Extract Current POWs" action would be good, but it doesn't have to be that complicated. Just an option / action to make my life easier for the POW guarding.
When I played it I lost all of my POWs, because I didn't know that I had to keep a soldier in its vicinity. So or a good description what to do with the POWs (could be that I missed this part of the briefing) or an action that makes life easier for the player. Like the action you mentioned, the "extraction" or the POWs.

Hope you get what I mean.

Offline Tyger

• Former Staff
    • OFPEC
« Reply #27 on: 05 Oct 2005, 04:57:43 »
Yup, understand what you mean quite well.

Thanks for the suggestions. I might not include it in this next and hopefully "final" release, but I will include it in future updates and versions.

:)

Offline Tyger

• Former Staff
    • OFPEC
« Reply #28 on: 07 Oct 2005, 12:45:34 »
Thanks to you all for the help. My final version will be submitted to the Missions Depot here shortly. :)

Edit: This mission has been reviewed, it can be found with current links to addons in the Missions Depot.
« Last Edit: 02 May 2009, 22:40:52 by Walter_E_Kurtz »