Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: How can I see my own player symbol?  (Read 1533 times)

JPSelter

How can I see my own player symbol?
« on: 18 Aug 2005, 23:57:33 »
When I create a simple mission for a multiplayer session I miss the player symbol on the map? How can I make it visible? Second question: How can I set a yellow objective-box to my own player? I thought I could do this by simply adding a simple waypoint to myself. But this doesnÂ't work.

Offline Terox

• Former Staff
  • Follow the Sappers!
    • zeus-community.net
Re:How can I see my own player symbol?
« Reply #1 on: 19 Aug 2005, 00:51:06 »
being able to see your icon on an mp session is down to the server settings

and the ability to see your waypoint (yellow box) is down to the waypoint settings in your mission

to create a similar system within a mission to mark the position of your unit

create a "dot" or "marker" marker and name it "U"

then have this simple script run from the init.sqs

eg
[] exec "playermarker.sqs"

;;Playermarker.sqs
?!(local Player):exit
#START
~2
"U" setmarkerpos (getpos Player)
goto "START"

a marker will simply be setpossed to the players position on each client every 2 seconds

markers are local to each client, which means that you only need 1 marker and your version of that marker will be setpossed to your position on your machine and nobody else will see your position
Zeus ARMA2 server IP = 77.74.193.124 :2302
Teamspeak IP = 77.74.193.123

JPSelter

« Reply #2 on: 19 Aug 2005, 15:33:26 »
and the ability to see your waypoint (yellow box) is down to the waypoint settings in your mission

what kind of settings? what do I need to add to my own waypoints to make them visible as a yellow box?

Offline Terox

• Former Staff
  • Follow the Sappers!
    • zeus-community.net
« Reply #3 on: 19 Aug 2005, 16:23:18 »
i believe its the "always show" option

if that doesnt work, then it maybe down to server settings.

Using wp's for players is not a normal system in my mp coop experience.

Displaying a marker at certain positions and then in the briefing explaining what must be done there, is the normal method
Zeus ARMA2 server IP = 77.74.193.124 :2302
Teamspeak IP = 77.74.193.123

JPSelter

« Reply #4 on: 19 Aug 2005, 17:01:08 »
Hmmmm not what I wanted. I see the waypoints on the map now. I just want a yellow box to see where my next objective is so I can run towards it. I am the server here on my LAN, so where can I find those server settings? At "multiplayer->new" I canÂ't see any options.

JPSelter

« Reply #5 on: 30 Aug 2005, 20:14:46 »
Weird :D I was on holidays for 10 days until today and during this time this server was down :D Well, my question is still open ;)
« Last Edit: 30 Aug 2005, 20:15:05 by JPSelter »

Offline nominesine

• Former Staff
  • I'm NOT back!
    • The IKB Forum
« Reply #6 on: 31 Aug 2005, 12:14:02 »
Hmm... unless I misunderstood your question it looks like you can solve this without editing.

To make your player visible on the map during game play: Play in Cadet mode (toggle on/off with "Extended map info" found under Options-Dificulty).

To make "yellow" waypoints visible in game: Play in Cadet mode (They will be automatically visible).

Neither of these functions exists in Veteran mode. If you are the server in a LAN-game, set your dificulty to Cadet before starting game play.

The "Always Show" option in waypoints has no effect on what you see in game. It will display your waypoints on the map if you enable it.
« Last Edit: 31 Aug 2005, 12:14:34 by nominesine »
OFPEC | Intel Depot
RETARDED Ooops... Retired!