Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Fuzzy screen  (Read 789 times)

Offline The-Architect

• Former Staff
  • Bite my shiny metal...
    • Bob's Un-official Flashpoint Page
Fuzzy screen
« on: 16 Aug 2005, 11:32:13 »
Is there any way to mimic static on the screen for a second or two?
I want a picture to come on screen with a little interferance as the picture appears.
Possible?
James Andrew Wilkinson 1977 - 2005 R.I.P.
"If it ain't the friggin' incoming it's the friggin' outgoing. Only difference is who gets the friggin' grease, and that ain't no friggin' difference at all."

bored_onion

Re:Fuzzy screen
« Reply #1 on: 16 Aug 2005, 12:29:17 »
could you make a resource of some static and then fade the alpha values in and out with some radio noise over a period of time? is that possible? im not sure how it would look with just one shot of "static (i.e. non moving) static".

Offline The-Architect

• Former Staff
  • Bite my shiny metal...
    • Bob's Un-official Flashpoint Page
« Reply #2 on: 16 Aug 2005, 12:36:01 »
I thought of that but I don't have an image editor to make Alpha channels with. I was thinking of having maybe 5 resources flash by quickly to get the effect.

I was hoping there was a different way.
James Andrew Wilkinson 1977 - 2005 R.I.P.
"If it ain't the friggin' incoming it's the friggin' outgoing. Only difference is who gets the friggin' grease, and that ain't no friggin' difference at all."

Offline 456820

• Contributing Member
« Reply #3 on: 16 Aug 2005, 16:12:01 »
how about a blury resource then white in followed quicky by a black in and play the resource, also using a sound like a sreech if a grenadeds just gone off or something wich suits your problem and how about a setacctime to something slower so it would give you the illusion that everything is blury

Offline RujiK

• Members
  • KoKo Puh-Fizzles!
« Reply #4 on: 16 Aug 2005, 16:20:24 »
It could be done. However you would need to make a couple pictures of stactic using photoshop or something. Then just make a loop switching pictures really fast, thus creating static.
I like your approach, lets see your departure.
Download the New Flashlight Script!

DBR_ONIX

« Reply #5 on: 16 Aug 2005, 16:27:58 »
This satellite thing has static that appears occisinaly, maybe you could get permission and use this?
- Ben

Offline bedges

• Administrator
    • OFPEC The Editing Center
« Reply #6 on: 16 Aug 2005, 16:45:58 »
i've done this very successfully with a dialog, and the idea is as you say: creating an 'animation' of 5 different areas of randomly generated static and using a loop to swap between them randomly.

if you have no image editing software, say the word (and give the dimensions ;) ) and i'll send some over.

in fact, here is an alpha-chanel paa file of horizontal static to see the sort of effect. if you need more for the animation, no probs ;)
« Last Edit: 16 Aug 2005, 16:53:15 by bedges »