Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: T-62 (though a total newbie effort)  (Read 1705 times)

StoneCold

T-62 (though a total newbie effort)
« on: 03 Jul 2004, 23:42:26 »
Nothing special here, this doesn't contain any new .p3ds, sounds, textures or whatever. I'm totally new to this editing game! This is just a tweaked version of the Resistance T-55's .cpp file. (It was just an experiment on my behalf - but I couldn't wait to upload something, naff or not!)

The original T-55 stats were changed by slightly increasing armour to mimic the T-62, max speed increased slightly, weaponry power slightly increased to mimic the 115mm cannon.

:-\ Still uses the T-55 model though, I've never tried doing any 3D stuff before (anyone know if a T-62 .p3d is up for grabs anywhere?)

:hmm: I'm doing a new island too (only a small 5km job as it's my first mess around with Visitor) but this addon forum won't accept anything above 50k, and I can't zip the file for it to anything below 70k. Any chance of knocking this limit up a bit?

Offline Peter_Bullet

• Members
  • "The evil that men do lives on and on"
Re:T-62 (though a total newbie effort)
« Reply #1 on: 04 Jul 2004, 09:45:35 »
Wow dude, this doesn't answer to your question, but DON'T use visitor!!! To use it you have to get a copy of 3ds max... :(

So use WRP tool instead ;)

If you don't have proper OS, then you have to use DC++ or Kazaa to get 3ds max... ;)

Offline Planck

• Honoured
  • Former Staff
  • I'm never wrong ....I'm just not always right !
« Reply #2 on: 04 Jul 2004, 17:02:52 »
Wow dude, this doesn't answer to your question, but DON'T use visitor!!! To use it you have to get a copy of 3ds max...

I don't think so.

To the best of my knowledge 3DS Max is not a requirement to use Visitor.

Planck
I know a little about a lot, and a lot about a little.

Offline Peter_Bullet

• Members
  • "The evil that men do lives on and on"
« Reply #3 on: 05 Jul 2004, 07:53:32 »
It is! With out 3ds max the program starts and you can save and edit .pews and Export your island, but try landscape editing by visitor! It's impossible! :( So you need Max to edit terrain elevations ;)

Dubieman

« Reply #4 on: 06 Jul 2004, 16:23:16 »
I tested it and well there is not much to say about it... :-\

You'd need a new model to make it a really worthwhile addon. Its basically a t55 that goes a little faster and has a stronger gun, not much else since it still takes 2 rockets to destroy it like the t55.
 :P

typhoon123

« Reply #5 on: 11 Aug 2005, 18:24:19 »
DC++ is so illegal, dont use it or you may get in trouble >:(

Flashpoint is the key to stargate SG1

Dubieman

« Reply #6 on: 12 Aug 2005, 03:52:29 »
Dude, this is a year old... ::)