Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Giving the AI brains without input from the mission designer  (Read 2271 times)

Offline Fragorl

• Coding Team
  • Former Staff
Re:Giving the AI brains without input from the mission designer
« Reply #15 on: 06 Jul 2005, 12:17:57 »
No; what I meant was you edit the section called 'user actions', add your own action which executed the coverscript, and then call it via the 'action' section in the orders you can give to units under your command.

The config.cpp would look something like this

Code: [Select]
class CfgVehicles
{
  class All {};

class CustomSoldier: SoldierWB
  {

//User Actions In Menu
    class UserActions
    {
      class TakeCover
      {
        displayName="Take Cover";
        position="cockpit";
        radius=1;
        condition="alive this";
        statement="[this] exec ""\scripts\GenB_CoverScript""";
      };
    };
};

Syntax not guaranteed

bdfy1

« Reply #16 on: 06 Jul 2005, 12:49:49 »
I see...
But my dream was to change standart commands...

DBR_ONIX

« Reply #17 on: 07 Jul 2005, 16:06:56 »
Sorry to change the topic (Kinda), but have you looked at the VME PLA Addons? (Search ofp.info news for VME and get v1.2)
You just put them on the map (As far as mission designers input goes is setting right type, like city AI, or "standard". Both work in other role, but the city AI seem to lean/roll more, and other tends to spread out further)
The improvements are.. scary.. In MP, I put 2 squads of them, and two playable units, they leanded/ran out way of bullet fired at them (Didn't make them inpossible to hit, it just meant you didn't get single shot kills all the time), they got cover, leander out and fired, while others went around different direction etc. They seemed more "Human" than the "Lets go prone and fire back" AI
Not totaly sure, but it seems they improve other AI (makes them move about a lot more than normal anyway).

Okay it's not the smallest of addons (70mb), and has one or two problems (1, the weapon/vehicle names are semi-impossible to remeber, combinatiosn of V,X,T,I and numbers mainly :-X. 2, if you play as them, you dont get leaning animation from Y2K3, as they redefined every single animation for the AI, well most anyway).
But you could maybe look at their scripts to see how they improved the AI. Might give you some more ideas
- Ben

bdfy1

« Reply #18 on: 09 Jul 2005, 15:59:56 »
have you looked at the VME PLA Addons
Yes, we did ( search the forum ). I got all configs , scripts from this mod ( 10x to Fragorl) , but I can't find any interesting AI-scripts there.  
Only small config improvements like in ADAI Soldiers addon (better accuracy, longer range, more flanking etc ). You can find link in the forum.