Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Sniper's sight  (Read 708 times)

Frumbasjt

Sniper's sight
« on: 01 Jul 2005, 13:35:51 »
Hi all,

I got a cutscene with a sniper looking to a town wich they gonna attack and i want to look trought its sight. Is there any cutRsc for that?

Bluelikeu

Re:Sniper's sight
« Reply #1 on: 01 Jul 2005, 16:24:15 »
hey,

I know that there is a resource for that, but i'm not sure what it is named. I don't really like the sniper sight provided with the game, so what I would do would be create my own sniper sight and config it, then use that in your cutscene.

Offline bedges

• Administrator
    • OFPEC The Editing Center
« Reply #2 on: 01 Jul 2005, 17:23:12 »
from the excellent switchcamera tutorial -

Now If you want to get to the "gunner" position, which is the (optics/gun sight) then you need to have the AI unit to target an enemy soldier, as in;   "unitname dotarget enemyunit"  then you would use unitname switchcamera "gunner"  You will now be seeing the view of the gun sight. Now another bonus of this "gunner" command can of course be from the scope of the sniper! So yes you can now view through the sniper's scope. This is rather neat!

Offline 456820

• Contributing Member
« Reply #3 on: 01 Jul 2005, 19:47:40 »
this command caused me some trouble a bit back
a few things you need to know
when you have a camera rolling at the same time and then want to go into te camera view you MUST delete the camera then create a new one when you want to start a new camera you must create it again.
Also when i use the gunner of a tank or Apc it ends up having the Gunners sights but being the commander so you dont actually follow the target but ive seen this done before

Offline Blanco

• Former Staff
« Reply #4 on: 01 Jul 2005, 19:49:40 »
I've made the two transparant sniper optics in a paa, so it can be used as a resource in your cutscene.
With switchcamera the targetboxes will be visible and I don't like that...
When you want him to fire, just put a firesound and i short WHITE IN effect.
It's also much more controlable, there is no AI-sniper anymore who could obey your reveal/dotarget/dofire... command.

« Last Edit: 02 Jul 2005, 04:01:03 by Blanco »
Search or search or search before you ask.

Offline 456820

• Contributing Member
« Reply #5 on: 01 Jul 2005, 19:51:52 »
but that seems abit to much work when you could just use
soldier_name switchcamera "Gunner"
but i havent looked at these

Frumbasjt

« Reply #6 on: 02 Jul 2005, 16:52:09 »
Well I like Blanco's most so im gonna try it. And when it doesnt work i can always try the switchcamera...

Thanx! ;D