Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: My Island (555) Pics  (Read 8629 times)

Waterman

Re:My Island (555) Pics
« Reply #15 on: 11 Oct 2002, 18:58:01 »
I first seen this island on OFPinternals but now I can see that you've done a lot of hard work! (more to come...I know from experience! :P)

Love the island DeadSoldier! :o
Especially the deserts and the airport!

Also I see your talented with the ol' 02!
I would mind putting that Car park in Skye! ;) ;D
I also particularly like that bridge!

Great work and can't wait to see more of your work!

Cheers,
Waterman. 8)
« Last Edit: 11 Oct 2002, 18:58:56 by Waterman »

Deadsoldier

« Reply #16 on: 11 Oct 2002, 20:20:51 »
thanks waterman for yor kind comments..i will be adding more buildings that i made, right now, we figured out how to make our own roads..well "NAA US Marine" did.. hes an awesome scripter. The airport layout was given to me by CBFASI. he made the layout, and gave me a lot of info on the design of airbases and the types of hangars.

Some of the features we are working on at the moment are the new roads we are making, will add a screen shot soon. and also we are almost done with RWY lights, they look great at night, and during the day. But the nature of the OFP engine, u cant see all the lights on the RWY..it would just show the nearest 100 meters or something like that. oh well.

Atleast you can see the RWY when u get close to it rather than having to make a tight left turn to land as the RWY just apears out of nowhere!

The control tower is almost done..we wil ltexture it soon..more hangars are in the workds..a big one to fit a C-130. Ammo dumps, bomb shelters. And we are planning to make a big port next to the airbase..for large military ship..as i thinkit wil be needed with all those huge ships in the works.

cheers

Commando

« Reply #17 on: 11 Oct 2002, 20:39:35 »
It ownz!!! It rocks! I can't find more superlatives to describe your island!!! And whats Naa Marines e-mail adress? I would like to ask him if he's goign to make more ofp movies?
The idea about the port: finally!!! Some body thought about making one.. It would fit in with the LST and other big ships.
Please make a civilian harbour that lies in a big city like Boston or something. And it would cool to have more houses with doors that you can open and close ;)
OMG! Its cristmas soon... :D

FOLGORE

« Reply #18 on: 13 Oct 2002, 12:45:32 »
Any news Dead soldier??

Deadsoldier

« Reply #19 on: 15 Oct 2002, 05:08:59 »
well, right now imw orking on a new hangar, it will fit a C-130. i can go bigger to fit the C-17..but i dont think its necesary.

An issue witht he C-130 hangar is that the only decent C-130 we have for OFP is underscaled...is a little bit small..it should be bigger.  So the hangar im doing will fit it.. but i dont know if someone will make a new C-130 with the correct size..so then my hangar would be al ittle small..what do u think.

Then im working on a house, the textures look too clean..or cartoonish..i dont know why, but its not looking good..ill post some screen shots of the house to get your feedback.

Control tower is almost done, NAA US Marine is making it, and i will texture it as last step. it will be walkthrough, you can go up the stairs...on the balcony..into the control room..and so on.

cheers

Leone

« Reply #20 on: 15 Oct 2002, 11:17:11 »
Make the Hanger big!! Future proof it against a Big C-130 I say. :)

Deadsoldier

« Reply #21 on: 15 Oct 2002, 23:14:26 »
ok, ill make it bigger...

Im working on a harbour, if someone can get me some links for some photos of some military harbours, so i can work from them, i searched the net..but didn;t find much..only found aerial photos and not too close to see the details and stuff..

cheers

KFC1200

« Reply #22 on: 16 Oct 2002, 01:29:50 »
make sure that your bridges are set high enough to let boats like the Miraj through, also, a big bridge connecting the two tips of a harbor would be cool, especially if you made that bridge high enough that damn near any boat could go through, including the LSD, and LST. That would be really awesome. But these are only ideas. If you can't implement them realistically (i.e. don't put stuff where it doesn't make sense, like a bridge connecting two points that you wouldn't want to go to anyway.) or don't want to put em in, its your island. Anyways, I hope you keep working on it. I think this is going to be my new favorite island when it eventually comes out.

Leone

« Reply #24 on: 16 Oct 2002, 12:22:51 »
very tasty.....how does it look at night in the city (hint hint)? :)

Deadsoldier

« Reply #25 on: 17 Oct 2002, 00:00:03 »

[attachment deleted by admin]

Commando

« Reply #26 on: 17 Oct 2002, 00:31:28 »
Nice pics again! Really nice desert and the cities and forests are good to. Keep up the good job. ;)

FOLGORE

« Reply #27 on: 17 Oct 2002, 00:39:41 »
please give this amazing island to the ofp maniacs like me..I just can't wait...Superb.

JohnSpartan117

« Reply #28 on: 17 Oct 2002, 00:56:26 »
*Hicup!
I must be drunk cause I see the most awsome, cool amzing neato (?), best um..................(thinking..............) did i say tubular(i hate that word.)
I love this map man!!!!!!!!!!  ;D ;D :o

I love IT, i cant wait,

Suggestion! add a king hanger!!! U know the huge hangers much like the c-130  one but there bigger and have the control tower on top. it would be cool

SFG

« Reply #29 on: 17 Oct 2002, 02:08:51 »
Nice job!