Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Benchmark command query  (Read 728 times)

Offline ACF

• Members
  • Llama?? Ain't that French for tanks?
Benchmark command query
« on: 25 Jun 2005, 12:26:47 »
I've been trying to finish off a mission that's has lag potential so the plan was to interrogate Benchmark and SetViewDistance accordingly.  The ComRef and Preferences seem to expect values in 1000's and , indeed, my preferences report a benchmark of about 5000, so I thought it would be fairly straightforward to calculate an acceptable ViewDistance straight from the benchmark value.

The snag is that the Benchmark command in-game reports a constant value of 54308 which seriously screws up the calculation.

Does anyone else get this order of magnitude difference or is it just some quirk of my graphics card or drivers?

Offline OFPfreak

• Members
  • Who is da operation flashpoint freak now, freak?!
    • OFP NFS mod
Re:Benchmark command query
« Reply #1 on: 25 Jun 2005, 12:43:56 »
I've seen somone use the benchmark command with a loop, that if the benchmark was lower than 5000, it would loop every ~0.4 seconds, and higher, it looped ~0.2 seconds.

So I think 5000 should be right altough that person could have had a bad computer. Im not sure. You should try it out.

My computer wont have any propblems with ofp other than the very high terrain settings.. strange! I expect my benchmark to be greater in OFP with my:

radeon 9800SE
amd athlon 64 2800+

and so on with the flashy stuff ;D!
ofp nfs REBORN! All new nitro, neon, customized cars, off-road, on-road, rally, bikes, racer models and more!
ofp nfs's homepage

Offline bedges

• Administrator
    • OFPEC The Editing Center
« Reply #2 on: 25 Jun 2005, 12:54:08 »
a benchmark query in-mission on my machine reports 5050, even though the number gained from the preferences.exe ranges between 5050 and 5639 depending on how many times i press the 'auto-detect' button.

i presume the high value you get must be a quirk as you suggest. not sure a machine yet built is capable of 54308 benchmark ;)

Offline ACF

• Members
  • Llama?? Ain't that French for tanks?
« Reply #3 on: 25 Jun 2005, 13:01:56 »
Cheers - that's confirmed that I'm the odd one out!  Looks like the best solution will be to recalculate the viewdistance only when it's less than 5000 - that factors my queer quirk out!