Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: 2 camera questions for cam man  (Read 692 times)

Dubieman

2 camera questions for cam man
« on: 20 Jun 2005, 20:22:11 »
1.) I need to simulate someone running with a camera on their shoulder. I've tried this before when I was a noob camera man and only got a bunch of jerky angled moving shots.

The ofp guy isn't actually there, the camera man is never seen as he is carrying the camera and its in the nature of the intro (plus its easier on me, no stupid person to guide about with WPs ;D).

So how do I simulate a little up and down jostle while moving in a straight direction?

I have an idea of modding the Z coords through a loop of something, but I have never done any loops or much "reg" scripting in cam scripting. :P

2.) My camera man after running a bit, his reporter will have died, so he runs away...

Anyways, he runs and gets blasted off by a shell or nade or something. And I want the camera to fly about. I'm asking which is more realistic and doable.

a.) The camera flies off his shoulder and arcs up into the air while the view looks down then eventually backwards.

.         .
  .              .
.                   ...  start pos              <---- arc

b.) Some other form of falling, maybe use the pitch and bank to make a rolling cam that shakes and have it fly into the air or something. I would need ideas here. :P

Thanks for your assistance
GRK

Offline 456820

• Contributing Member
Re:2 camera questions for cam man
« Reply #1 on: 20 Jun 2005, 21:14:17 »
well the first is quite easy a fast loop like this

Code: [Select]
_camera = "camera" camcreate [0,0,0]
titlecut [" ", "black in", 4]

#loop
_camera cameraeffect ["internal", "back"]
_camera camsettarget soldier_name
_camera camsetrelpos [0.35,0,2.25,0.25]
_camera camcommit 0
~0
?obj5 : goto "rest"
goto "loop"

#rest
<enter the rest of your camera script here>

okay you should be able to understand this it creates the camera for you by the way and positions it0.35m to the right 2.5, 2.25m up and 0.25m back i think mess around with them to suit your needs plus it attaches the cam to a soldeir called soldier_name where of course you eneter the name
then when obj5 = true it will continue with the rest of the script.

ERRMM let me think aha the best way to simulate number 2 is to create the cam where ever then when you want it to fall setvelocity it slightly up then down onto the ground that might work ?? anyway i dont really know anything about setvelocity that was just a guess that might work

anyway hope this helps
cya

Offline Blanco

• Former Staff
« Reply #2 on: 21 Jun 2005, 11:06:08 »
So how do I simulate a little up and down jostle while moving in a straight direction?

Can be done with logiccam.
In the example below I attach a camera in front of the cameraman"s head, the camera is always pointed forward.
Problem is... his movements are kind of unpredictable and you can't zoom in or out during the scene.

Anyways, he runs and gets blasted off by a shell or nade or something. And I want the camera to fly about. I'm asking which is more realistic and doable.
a.) The camera flies off his shoulder and arcs up into the air while the view looks down then eventually backwards.

That's not easy...
When the cameraman dies his camera will still follow him but the view will stay horizontal, I dunno how I can make him look down or spin.

« Last Edit: 21 Jun 2005, 11:06:43 by Blanco »
Search or search or search before you ask.

Dubieman

« Reply #3 on: 21 Jun 2005, 21:46:18 »
Will put both of those in my folder. I dunno if I can test this week. I hate askin questions right before not being around a comp for 2 weeks. ::) :P

I'll prolly scrap the arc and go with a falling guy sorta thing like through your script Blanco.

And 456280, I not exactly with you, I know what you mean by a loop, but this is supposed to be "the" camera being carried by the news station employee. I don't get the .25 to the right, left, back, down....

I'll prolly use logiccam for now.

thanks