Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Removing animations  (Read 937 times)

klavan

Removing animations
« on: 16 Jun 2005, 19:25:33 »
Is this possible?
I'm talkin about the ones that appears in some units, like BAS-DeltaRanger (raise/lower goggles, etc)....
I had make an attempt using removeaction, after finding the animation's class name in the config file of the addon, but nothing happens....
Thanks in advance for any help.

Offline General Barron

• Former Staff
  • Semper Fi!
Re:Removing animations
« Reply #1 on: 16 Jun 2005, 20:03:22 »
Unfortunately, I don't think this is possible without editing the addon.

This is entirely the fault of addonmakers, who (IMO) could and should ALWAYS provide a means to disable "extra" stuff that the editor may not want in his mission.

I personally can't stand having an extra, worthless action in my menu like "lower goggles", or "put on helmet", or the millions of other worthless actions that addonmakers love to make for some reason... [/angry rant]
HANDSIGNALS COMMAND SYSTEM-- A realistic squad-control modification for OFP
kexp.org-- The best radio station in the world, right here at home! Listen to John Richards!

Offline RujiK

• Members
  • KoKo Puh-Fizzles!
« Reply #2 on: 16 Jun 2005, 21:42:01 »
Yep. Same here. I got about 20 different addons that looked really sweet but because they had those stupid actions that serve no purpose I got rid of them all.

Also on some of them that were REALLY dumb you could even lower the goggles of some one else! So "Oh no an enemy soldier! Quick grab his goggles!"

Also it annoys me when cars have a ton of useless actions like Open trunk,Open left back door, open right back door ect.

So all you addon makers stop doing it!
I like your approach, lets see your departure.
Download the New Flashlight Script!

klavan

« Reply #3 on: 16 Jun 2005, 23:48:45 »
Veryvery bad..... :-\
Thanks guys.