Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Error in startup -> config.cpp/CfgVehicles...  (Read 953 times)

Erazer

Error in startup -> config.cpp/CfgVehicles...
« on: 08 Jun 2005, 10:54:47 »
I would badly need some help with this!
When starting my OFP i keep having this note:

No entry 'config.cpp/CfgVehicles/eventhandlers.scope'.

Althoug I am able to proceed after this into the game, I've noticed strange behaviors in movements of the vehicles (etc. I'm not able to cross any bridge...)

Before I got this problem I downloaded several addons to OFP/addons & Res/addons -folders, but however (& how stupid of me) I did not mark, which ones they were...  :-[

If anyone just could give me a hint, what might be my problem with this - and maybe how to try to fix it?
...I know, it might just be the easiest way just to reinstall the whole OFP, but I wouldn't like to do that right away, if there were some other ways to make my OFP to work.

And sorry if this got this into a wrong topic table, I'm just another newbie in this forum!

I'd be so happy if you'd answer me straight to this e-mail: eraze@luukku.com

Thank You!!

qqqqqq

Re:Error in startup -> config.cpp/CfgVehicles...
« Reply #1 on: 08 Jun 2005, 11:48:26 »
Yeah, well it serves you right.   ;D   A substantial minority of addons are just faulty.   All addons should be treated as viruses until proved otherwise.    Use mod folders and an OFP launcher to keep them under control.   In the meantime remove all addons from your addons folder except the official ones and your game will work ok, I should think.

Offline 456820

• Contributing Member
Re:Error in startup -> config.cpp/CfgVehicles...
« Reply #2 on: 09 Jun 2005, 20:47:03 »
well it wounds like it could be some sort of sniper by the word scope so if you downloaded any sniper addons or units then try getting rid of them.
also it would help what you downloaded if you could remember what i do is use mod folders wich are so usefull i have an addon free version and a version full of addons i think theres a tut in the editors depot