Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: ap sensors  (Read 526 times)

Offline 456820

• Contributing Member
ap sensors
« on: 25 May 2005, 19:21:48 »
okay before anyone says these dont exist and are just made up in metal gear solid they do exist.
Anyway what they are is basically when another lifeform is sensed within a radius of the little thing it starts to beep basicall i want to make one of thses in ofp when you are about 15 metres away from any enemy the command
player say "Beep"
is triggered but if an enemy knows about the player then i dont want it to beep instead just carry on the loop
Cheers for any help in advice also does anyone know where i cn get a good beeping noise from?

Grendel

Re:ap sensors
« Reply #1 on: 25 May 2005, 19:55:13 »
My advice on the beep would be to use the motion tracker noise from Aliens...You could either sample it from the movie into a .wav and convert to .oog, or if you have AVP (the game) I suppose you could see if the sound is in a format you could convert.

As long as oyu don't use the hint beep (shudder).

-Grendel

Offline macguba

• Former Staff
    • macguba's operation flashpoint page
« Reply #2 on: 25 May 2005, 19:57:02 »
Can't you just use a trigger?   15x15
Plenty of reviewed ArmA missions for you to play

Offline 456820

• Contributing Member
« Reply #3 on: 25 May 2005, 20:06:01 »
well a trigger would have to follow every single east unit in a fst delay and would cause a bit of lag
>Grendel
Im so unlucky i was thinking of using that sound cause its so good but a shame that i deleted the game and have returned the cd to its rightfull owner i just borrowed it and my mate has moved far away and i dont see him much now so good idea but i cant

Grendel

« Reply #4 on: 25 May 2005, 20:18:07 »
I've got AVP 1&2 so I'll look this weekend...

I'm confused on one bit though...Who is using the detector?  Is the player using it to detect enemy, or the other way around?

if the player is using it you would just need one trigger setpos'd every time the ap sensor 'sweeps" (nominally around 1.5 seconds or so) and setpos'd to [0,0,0] between sweeps.  Set it up to detect anyone's presence and filter out the player himself and or friendlies and already tracked targets.  I am working on something very similar to this right now, so perhaps we could share some ideas...I will post something soon so you can check it out.

If the enemy is using it, I would suggest limiting it's use to the group leader, thus cutting down a lot of unecessary triggers, but using the same technique above...

an alternate method would be to use a function like improvednearestobj.sqs or something like that in lieu of a trigger.

-Grendel