Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Operation Not Enough  (Read 4643 times)

Offline sharkyjoe

• Members
  • Have you taken a BMP out at 500 meters??
Re:Operation Not Enough
« Reply #15 on: 27 May 2005, 05:06:41 »
Sorry didnt read others comments. Here is my take on the mission.

Overview- good picture, but write something, palce, time, bad guys...

Intro- Good- I loved it. It went somewhere, gave ya details nice work on the map and markers.  :) Only one probablem at the near the end of intro errror:-Sound bas_spacetime_s not found

Brief- Have the town names hightlight clickable. Second paragragh a big run on sentence. Try..squad. Advance..Montignac. Try keeping ...Bravo, and don't...to. The idea..        
Liked the addtional Info. link.

Notes- i'm not picky but run on sentence here too. try...operation! I didnt ..... I did. However, I did ... Again in notes not that important to me to others it may.

Group-Still a Prvt after 8 mission in a campaign, (No feild promotion?) an Expert Prvt.?? maybe a veteran.

Mission- Begining I felt we had overwhelming odds against East. Took first town, Montignac, easily. I got some shooting in and took out some guys. Didn't Really have time to get myself organized. Leader had shipped off an was engaged in battle for Entre Deux.  By the time I got to the action, most of the Squad had fallen. This was a shooting gallery and my guys were the targets. This is where I died a couple of time and figured I need to flank. By the way good protection on the flanks, it was not easy. :P Finally got smart hit the OFP game's save point before getting shot. Took over Entre Deux, after the sandbags, good touch there :gunman: Then the counter assualt happened and I took command??(West guys appearing from nowhere??) humm strange all but one of my guys were down??.. ok... better this way! So hit my guys prone and spread them out and let laws and the Rogue M1a1 do damage. Mission complete.

18 min., 6360pts, one pearl. Bunch of guys taken down on both sides :(.

Outro- Great, nice quick and to the point. :)

My take is to have a little more East in Montignac, have first-aid available between Montignac and Entre. The feild hospital in Entre didn't heal me?? Give time betweeen Monti and Entre. Let Brain know tha he has gotten replacements/support when the he enters Entre Deux. Good job on this one keep It going ;)
Remember the 7 Ps??--- Proper Previous Planning Prevents Pathetically Poor Performance

Offline 456820

• Contributing Member
« Reply #16 on: 27 May 2005, 16:26:49 »
thanks for the review sharkyjoe, sounds weird about the field hospital not healing you but if you press 5,4 then you should say im injured than your leader says MEDIC, position #### then an m113 ambulance should come it may of got blown up though,
Anyway more eastern men added and a little follow script so when you get colse to the center bad guys start following oyu around so you get attacked from the rear.
Still a private you say dnt wory cause he gets premoted to a Coporal after this mission then later on on mission 14. an officer and takes control of his own squad.
Anyway thanks for the review ill fix those little problema/bugs with the mission and hopefully should be final mission

Offline Mikero

• Former Staff
  • ook?
    • Linux Step by Step
« Reply #17 on: 28 May 2005, 01:05:38 »
>sounds weird about the field hospital not healing you

I didn't have this specific problem with your mission because I knew to look out for it. However, there appears to be a target area, a zone, on mash tents which is either quite small, or very difficult to get at if the tent is positioned 'awkwardly'. I spotted this on Tarados Qenq's campaign a bit earlier.

I have no idea scripting wise, so I dont know if there's an EnlargeHealingZone= style command. I do know, factually, that unless you look up square bang in the middle of the red cross on some mash tents, you can't get the healing option.

You might check this out yourself by setting yourself wounded and give it a try out.

Just say no to bugz

Colossos

« Reply #18 on: 01 Jun 2005, 12:27:41 »
Hi there 456789,

I just downloaded and played it for a short time because I'm at work... anyway:

First I would like to say I like your briefing style!! Especially the intro with the map and those nice markers!! Much more fun than reading! VERY WELL DONE! Good costum sounds!

I did lower my resolution though because it was quite laggy but than again I was downloading also when I played it. Although you shouldnt play this mission on an older pc.

Euh, did I do something wrong or where was the overview?

I have to agree with sharkyjoe that the firsts town was captured a bit too easy! I only shot 2 guys or so and the town was ours?
After that my leader stayed in that town and didnt move? Is this a bug or is it my version (1.46)of ofp on this pc?

I'll play the mission more (also played some other missions of you) and review it more in detail.
But I can already say that your campaign looks promising. Keep up the good work.
« Last Edit: 01 Jun 2005, 12:33:26 by Colossos »

Offline 456820

• Contributing Member
« Reply #19 on: 01 Jun 2005, 19:47:46 »
a brand new version will be out tomorrow with all know bugs taken care of so a test or so you can test for any more bugs would be great just wait for the new version somethim tmmorow at 9:30 am GMT total estimate but you know also
some requirements

Addons - none
Ofp version - made in V1.96 and requires the russian officail MM-1 addon wich comes with Red hammer.
PC spec - i have a 1.8GHZ im guessing a 1.4 can handle it satisfactory.