Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: (Review Completed) [SP] Dustbowl  (Read 11528 times)

Offline Mikero

• Former Staff
  • ook?
    • Linux Step by Step
Re:Dustbowl
« Reply #45 on: 22 May 2005, 09:59:14 »
Arrrrrrrrrg! shozbot.

link above is now fixed.

fyi and anyone else. I am slowly building up various items at

http://andrew.nf/OFP/

mission, islands, addons and etc's

There is no intention of turning it into an ofp wannable, just a plain vanilla extract of what's on this board. If you're having difficulties getting items, especially addons. from elsewhere then sniff thru what's available on that link. I am progresively adding to it as each new mission comes in with the addons that are required for them.
Just say no to bugz

Offline 456820

• Contributing Member
« Reply #46 on: 22 May 2005, 10:08:11 »
thanks downloading now

Offline MrN

• Contributing Member
  • Pffff
« Reply #47 on: 22 May 2005, 11:40:38 »
Thanks for the link!

I don't know why people are having trouble with rapidshare, I have tried it with 3 different pc's. Oh well.

Btw Mikero , your flare comment is causing me muchos muchos pain.  :-X An update might be a while yet.

"This is the mission you need to rip to bits to look at the scripts used"

Good luck lads, this thing's trigger city! I still can't script for toffee, but most of the scripts I'm using are on OFPEC so help is in the editors depot if you can't follow what I've done. Most of the time I can't!
In the 60's, people took acid to make the world weird. Now the world is weird and people take Prozac to make it normal.

Offline 456820

• Contributing Member
« Reply #48 on: 22 May 2005, 14:42:42 »
yeah im going to review what ive played so far of V2 or the latest version

First of all thanks Mikero for the link

Overview Okay but i dont think it should say the objectives something like
"One of our black hawks have been shot down and the pilot is being held in captivity, we need him back."
Something like that also no pic but you did say your having trouble so that why ive got this for you.

See attachment (its a border and shadow template just use print screen in game and go to paint and then paste the pic and copy the right size pic andpaste it on to the template)

Briefing
I like this alot more but you should go into detail about extraction, insertion, what were facing and any other allied units. Weapon selection is fine notes i didnt look at.

Mission
Okay we start and get that little scene this was nice maybe a bit too quick the camera wa flying all over the pace at 100mph, slow it down. Then it shows a shot of me in my parachute wich i would prefer if you just show me for at the end for about a second then stop the camera rolling.

We land 4 is now injured and can only crawl we dont have a medic so i shoot him and take his ammo. Maybe add a medic and make the paradrop not on a hill. Then i find out wich direction to go and i order my squad in a line formation and make them look south west so we flanked the town to the reigt my boody's started calling out loons i couldnt see a thing all danger all hit the dirt we started taking out men one man goes down damn.
That's it cause i had to go out then more some time soon

Overall so far
Well its great like ive said before but change the view distance slightly higher becase its to foggy and looks weird plus thats why you have the sandstorm wich is a very cool feature. And the Ai is great to fight with very hard especially with hd mags tracers everywhere. just maybe some radio sounds to help add to atmospehe like as soon as you land

"This is alpha to Papabear we have landed swafely and are en route to the objective over."
"Roger that alpha stay sharp we dont know what they have in that town. Out"

But dont use robot voices try and get some voice actors to really enchance the mission.

Keep up the good work also sorry the template has a pic already in it.

Offline MrN

• Contributing Member
  • Pffff
« Reply #49 on: 23 May 2005, 11:04:26 »
Thanks for playing and thanks for the template.

"I like this alot more but you should go into detail about extraction, insertion,"
Was in notes, now have added link in brief.

Fog is a tricky one. I'm using the "lite" version of the sandstorm script to try and keep lag to a minimum but it still gives a nice effect. It's quite thin though which means the fog has to be upped to retain atmosphere and the viewdistance has to come down to give a similar effect. It doesn't matter once you get into the town anyway. ;)

I've left the intro short intentionally, I get bored with intro's that go on for too long and again I just want to create a bit of atmosphere.

Thanks again.

Have had a eureka moment with the flares, very pleased with the result…
In the 60's, people took acid to make the world weird. Now the world is weird and people take Prozac to make it normal.

Offline Mikero

• Former Staff
  • ook?
    • Linux Step by Step
« Reply #50 on: 23 May 2005, 14:34:34 »
>Have had a eureka moment with the flares, very pleased with the result…

fear not, we'll find something else ::)

If you get too smart we'll let MacGuba play it and break it for you. 8)
Just say no to bugz

Offline MrN

• Contributing Member
  • Pffff
« Reply #51 on: 23 May 2005, 20:02:12 »
"fear not, we'll find something else "
I have no doubt, thats why I'm here.  ;)

"If you get too smart we'll let MacGuba play it and break it for you. "
All testers and comments welcome .

I have no problem with it being broken, just as long as I get clues about how to fix it.   :)

Offline MrN

• Contributing Member
  • Pffff
« Reply #52 on: 29 May 2005, 08:54:01 »
Another update, can't remember all that's changed but mainly trying to polish the thing up.
Overview/Brief changed.
Flares on extraction.
The walk/drive home may be more challenging.
Tweaked Outro.

Offline MrN

• Contributing Member
  • Pffff
« Reply #53 on: 31 May 2005, 22:25:43 »
Posted at official forums and no problems found so far.

I'll upload this to the missions dept and see what happens.

Thanks for the testing and I'll be back.  ;)

Edit: This mission has been reviewed and is available from the Missions Depot.
« Last Edit: 02 Jun 2009, 01:47:07 by Walter_E_Kurtz »