Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: The perfect jungle island  (Read 1351 times)

Offline penguinman

• Contributing Member
  • Money is worthless, just paper, ink, and threads
The perfect jungle island
« on: 16 May 2005, 01:39:48 »
what is a good jungle island addon that dosent need to many addons and where can i find it

Uldics

Re:The perfect jungle island
« Reply #1 on: 16 May 2005, 07:36:57 »

StonedSoldier

« Reply #2 on: 17 May 2005, 10:46:32 »
if your wanting a nice jungle island that runs smoothly pretty much any vietnam style island would satisfy you, in particular i would recommend La Drang its part of the SEBNAM pack

Offline penguinman

• Contributing Member
« Reply #3 on: 19 May 2005, 02:31:58 »
ok, is that it, does anybody know of any others that are good

thanks

Dubieman

« Reply #4 on: 19 May 2005, 03:16:10 »
Jungle Everon....

Try searching OPFlash.org's islands or ofp.cz's addon lists as well. :P

Offline penguinman

• Contributing Member
« Reply #5 on: 19 May 2005, 23:45:05 »
ok, ive tried cz but i will try the other one thanks.

Offline General Barron

• Former Staff
  • Semper Fi!
« Reply #6 on: 20 May 2005, 06:49:18 »

Tonal Island is about the best looking island out there. It is a rather large download, unfortunately, and it can get somewhat laggy. Don't have a link, but it should be easy to find. It is an African setting.

Dak Seang island is about the most amazing island I've ever seen, aside from Tonal. It is a SE Asian setting (Vietnam), is only about 30mb, and only requires 1 addon (a bridge pack).

The problem with Dak Seang, however, is that the AI can't move thru most of the forests on the island. Pretty sad that someone would release such a great looking island, but make it almost useless for actual missions. It is a new release though, so hopefully it will be fixed in the near future.

There are a few other Vietnam maps that have been released recently, but most of them require a fair amount of other addons to run (A Shu valley and some others). Actually, most seem to require Tonal island.

So again, either Tonal island, or Dak Seang are the best looking, IMO. There are quite a few islands using the SEBnam objects which are better than Ia Drang, although I don't like the SEBnam stuff. Head over to OFPNAM for more:

http://www.ofpnam.com/news.php
HANDSIGNALS COMMAND SYSTEM-- A realistic squad-control modification for OFP
kexp.org-- The best radio station in the world, right here at home! Listen to John Richards!