Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Problems configuring ECP  (Read 1045 times)

M3SS3NG3R

Problems configuring ECP
« on: 13 May 2005, 03:17:45 »
Sorry if this is too noobish here, but I have some troubles configuring ECP 1_071 beta. I installed it with the installer downloaded from editor's depot. I also downloaded all the required file for dynamic range sound and did as instructed after the installation. Since I'm running the GOTY edition of OFP (which is already patched to 1.96) I get the "cannot locate .exe file" error at first. Then I pointed that manually to my flashpointresistance.exe with -nomap and -nosplash tag. After that ECP seems to start fine and I can load my savegames and everything. However, I noticed that the blood spray seems to be a bit too small and dark, so I pressed ESC in game and clicked on ECP settings in an attempt to fix that. Boom, there came this strange error message that says something like cannot locate dglsettings.sqs. The game is not forced to close though. I can continue playing normally. So i exited the game and opened bloodsetting.sqs with wordpad, changed bunch of settings, saved it, went back into the game...nothing changed. I also noticed that when I fire the LAW, I don't see any trail of smoke at all, but I can assure you it's set to true in the .sqs file. What am I doing wrong here?  ??? Please help!
« Last Edit: 13 May 2005, 03:20:02 by M3SS3NG3R »

M3SS3NG3R

Re:Problems configuring ECP
« Reply #1 on: 13 May 2005, 04:01:19 »
Forgot to say my spec:

AMD AthlonXP 2500+ (barton)
512MB Kingston PC3200
WD Caviar SE Sata 80GB
Radeon 9550 w/ Catalyst 4.7
Windows 2000 Pro w/ SP4 & all windows updates

M3SS3NG3R

« Reply #2 on: 13 May 2005, 15:38:57 »
Ah, problem solved. Installed ECP in administrator account and all is fine now. :)

Offline macguba

• Former Staff
    • macguba's operation flashpoint page
« Reply #3 on: 13 May 2005, 19:05:24 »
M3SS3NG3R I'm delighted that you got the problem sorted out.   :)   However, you don't need to make a new post every time you want to add something.     You can use the modify button at the top right hand corner of your post to edit or add to what you have already written.

Sometimes it's fine for one person to make two consecutive posts in one thread but in general it is to be avoided.    ;)
Plenty of reviewed ArmA missions for you to play