Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Need someone to reintroduce me to OpFlash  (Read 1023 times)

Poita

Need someone to reintroduce me to OpFlash
« on: 13 May 2005, 15:41:53 »
 Hi.
 I was a big fan of OpFlash from the demo days where i used to whack out a perfectly functional 1600, 1200 res game on a 1 gig Athlon and Kyro2 graphics card.
 I played it to death tough was dissapointed with the net code.
 I have to confess though that i'm terrible at managing files and the more add ons and mission and islands, vehicles weapons and all the user made stuff that i added the more confused i got.
 It got so bad that i had to keep a massive folder ful of stuff that i had to keep putting into the OpFlash folder and taking out depending on what mod/addon i needed as so many of them were incompatible with each other. The mountain got too big to climb after a while and i was spending to much time trying to figure out what file combination i would need in order to get a mission to launch that i gave up. I got sick of waiting for stuff to load and then just crash at the last moment cause i didnt have the right files or i had other files that caused problems.

So i haven't played OpFlash for a year or so. But i still see all the cool content that is being released and some of the amazing graphics of them. Some of them seem to go way beyong what i thought OpFlash was capable of. Some real shiny stuff.
  Anyway i still consider OpFlash to be one of the best games ever created and would love to get back into it. I want to reinstall OpFlash and Resistence and get it patched up and have another crack but i'm a bit worried about facing what must be an even bigger mountain of content management as more stuff has been added to the pile.

Ok i know it's lame but there you go. I just arn't good at figuring out all this stuff. Even my xp stuff is a bit of a mess. I just want one gigantic 10 gig add on that puts every little piece of user made content into one file that lets me install it and forget it so everything is compatible with everything else.

When you are all done laughing your asses off someone please give me some advice.
  at least point me in the direction of a good site for content, a good place for instructions and a good review site for single player and mutli player stuff.

Hope you guys can help.

Offline macguba

• Former Staff
    • macguba's operation flashpoint page
Re:Need someone to reintroduce me to OpFlash
« Reply #1 on: 13 May 2005, 15:57:58 »
Welcome back. :wave:   Always good to find a lost sheep returning to the fold.

Now, OFPEC is an editing-related site, not a general OFP site, and since your queries are really general questions, rather than editing ones I'm afraid I'm going to have to lock this.  :(   But before I do, here are some pointers.    :)  

The three big sites you need to know about are this one, the official forums at wwwflashpoint1985.com and ofp.info.   The fourth is Opflashpoint.org.

For reviewed (and therefore functional and safe) Addons and Missions click the links at the top of this page.

To help manage your addons use mod folders and Kegetys OFP launcher, which makes life MUCH easier.

Hope that helps you get back on your way.    If it starts to go wrong and you need technical support try the official forums or the Avon Lady's FAQ.

#Locked
« Last Edit: 13 May 2005, 16:11:35 by macguba »
Plenty of reviewed ArmA missions for you to play