Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: High penetration bullets  (Read 1185 times)

andy51

High penetration bullets
« on: 07 Oct 2002, 22:58:13 »
Is it possible to make bullets travel through objects, or would that be messing with OFPs engine? I want to be able to blast through walls, doors, cars etc with a M82 .50 or put multiple rounds through the wall of an occupied hut or buliding with an M60 MG and in both instances, to drop the guy on the other side.
« Last Edit: 07 Oct 2002, 23:03:32 by andy51 »

imemyself

Re:High penetration bullets
« Reply #1 on: 07 Oct 2002, 23:58:41 »
I don't think so, I could be wrong though.

Mr_Shady

« Reply #2 on: 08 Oct 2002, 00:05:06 »
I wish that I could put rounds things with a .50 round. An M82 can put a round through a truck engine block, dammit, the one's I've tried took about three shots each to punch through the glass on a Skoda...  ::)

It'd be a nice effect to use in a cutscene- three Russians in a hut chatting, and one of them says, "Did anyone hear that?"
"Hear what?"

BLAM BLAM BLAM BLAM BLAM

The poor dudes get ripped apart by five .50 rounds ripping through the walls. I think it'd be pretty cool, myself  ;D

DrMeatballs

« Reply #3 on: 08 Oct 2002, 23:58:27 »
The only thing that can be penetrated is the glass on a car/truck(not the humvee oddly enough) and yes you can shot a skoda driver with the M16 but anything solid will stop a round dead. really powerful rounds present a problem in that if you se tthe damage rating too high the rounds will cause an explosion on impact

mrshambler

« Reply #4 on: 10 Oct 2002, 23:52:11 »
andy 51.... 51 years old?