Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: African Militia  (Read 2257 times)

andy51

African Militia
« on: 07 Oct 2002, 22:24:24 »
I would really like to see some African militia men addons for OFP. I know its possible to stick black faces on bodies but at current there are no uniforms that seem suitable for them. I dont know if any British people (or anyone else) remember 2 or 3 years ago when Sierra Leone was all over the news, with militias like the Westside Boys etc. Id like to see some doped up African militia men with RPGs etc for missions. During this conflict the SAS rescued some hostages from a militia camp, and this would make a pretty cool mission.

Eviscerator

Re:African Militia
« Reply #1 on: 07 Oct 2002, 22:30:32 »
well i think there was some conflict over who did that mission, all the british press claimed the para's did it, but then a book or something came out saying the sas did it......either is believable but its hard to pick truth from propaganda :/

UK_SKA_RULES

« Reply #2 on: 07 Oct 2002, 22:37:21 »
I heard that both the SAS and the Paras done it.  The SAS set up OPs outside the town, then paras landed by chopper provided covering fire and the sas stormed the village, rescued the hostages and took them to the helicopters..

The best thing I can find for this is the Mercenary or Terrorist (cant remember which) from the HK pack..  But the thing is they are wearing a dodgy turban, so that spoils it.

andy51

« Reply #3 on: 07 Oct 2002, 22:37:44 »
Yeah i heard that, but it seems more obvious that the SAS were involved as they are more suitable for the task, as the paras arent strictly SF. In this fiction book i read by Chris Ryan called 'The Watchman' he wrote about a hostage rescue in Sierra Leone and afterwards the SAS said they were the paras. That is probably more likely as i dont think paras get much hostage rescue training.

andy51

« Reply #4 on: 07 Oct 2002, 22:49:17 »
By the way UK_SKA_RULES I was replying to Eviscerator's post as we both wrote replys at the same time but you finished earlier.

*OFF TOPIC*

Did anyone else get banned from the forum then have their account deleted altogether when OFPEC shut down?

ZIKAN

« Reply #5 on: 07 Oct 2002, 23:09:39 »
The raid, was led by the Parachute Regiment and the SAS and codenamed Operation Barras, they rescued  six British soldiers and one Sierra Leoneon held hostage deep in the jungle by the renegade faction the West Side Boys.
The battle of Rokel Creek lasted 90 minutes, at the end of which 25 members of the West Side Boys were dead and 18 captured, including their leader, the self-styled brigadier Foday Kallay.
The 150 British troops arrived by helicopter and boat before 6.30am at two villages in the Occra Hills, about 50 miles from the capital Freetown, taking advantage of the poor light and early hour to surprise the West Side Boys, who had threatened to execute the hostages if they heard a helicopter.
The paratroopers targeted two villages, Magbeni and Gberi Bana, either side of the wide Rokel Creek.
The hostages were being kept on the south bank, less than a mile east of Magbeni.
The Paras  met considerable resistance from the West Side Boys and  there was a "significant exchange of fire" in which a brit soldier was killed.
The paras had  to wade chest-high through a jungle creek under fire. The firefight lasted two hours.
While the  hostages were secured by the SAS, two Chinook helicopters fought to keep the West Side Boys at bay. The helicopters then attacked the villages and pursued the fighters into the jungle.

UK_SKA_RULES

« Reply #6 on: 08 Oct 2002, 00:12:00 »
I just tried the terrorist and theyre not very good for this, when you give them a black face their arms are still white

Offline @cero

• Members
  • Yeah! Get some!!
« Reply #7 on: 08 Oct 2002, 20:56:01 »
I posted something similar in the old forums, I was asking for Somali units like the ones in Black Hawk Down but there was nothing, no one seamed to be interested  :o :(
 I think the ones to ask should be the same guys from The Lost Brothers who made the H&K Pack addon, they may listen...
 If I could I would do it myselfe but I got estoked on texturing and now I'm back to editing ::)
 It would be a lot nicer now with Oxigen out and about and so many clever people who can use it proply, but so far I didn't heard of anyone doing something like that. With all the people doing missions and campaigns BHD stille and we don't even have a decent blak African unit, not a single one.
Later all.
@CERO.
SCREWBY!!!

andy51

« Reply #8 on: 08 Oct 2002, 23:18:41 »
The raid, was led by the Parachute Regiment and the SAS and codenamed Operation Barras, they rescued  six British soldiers and one Sierra Leoneon held hostage deep in the jungle by the renegade faction the West Side Boys.
The battle of Rokel Creek lasted 90 minutes, at the end of which 25 members of the West Side Boys were dead and 18 captured, including their leader, the self-styled brigadier Foday Kallay.
The 150 British troops arrived by helicopter and boat before 6.30am at two villages in the Occra Hills, about 50 miles from the capital Freetown, taking advantage of the poor light and early hour to surprise the West Side Boys, who had threatened to execute the hostages if they heard a helicopter.
The paratroopers targeted two villages, Magbeni and Gberi Bana, either side of the wide Rokel Creek.
The hostages were being kept on the south bank, less than a mile east of Magbeni.
The Paras  met considerable resistance from the West Side Boys and  there was a "significant exchange of fire" in which a brit soldier was killed.
The paras had  to wade chest-high through a jungle creek under fire. The firefight lasted two hours.
While the  hostages were secured by the SAS, two Chinook helicopters fought to keep the West Side Boys at bay. The helicopters then attacked the villages and pursued the fighters into the jungle.

Now if that wont make a bloody good mission, i dont know what would!

ZIKAN did you get that from a book or what? I cant find any books about Sierra Leone except one about Royal Marines which i havent got yet.

All it would really take would be some camo trousers and a t shirt maybe with some ammo link or something on it, and then some variants of that for African Militia, and one guy like this d*ck from the Westside Boys who I saw on the news who called himself 'Rambo'  :gunman:and carried an RPG with no back up weapon, and a Tupac t shirt :)
« Last Edit: 08 Oct 2002, 23:20:34 by andy51 »

UK_SKA_RULES

« Reply #9 on: 08 Oct 2002, 23:50:23 »

Now if that wont make a bloody good mission, i dont know what would!

ZIKAN did you get that from a book or what? I cant find any books about Sierra Leone except one about Royal Marines which i havent got yet.

All it would really take would be some camo trousers and a t shirt maybe with some ammo link or something on it, and then some variants of that for African Militia, and one guy like this d*ck from the Westside Boys who I saw on the news who called himself 'Rambo'  :gunman:and carried an RPG with no back up weapon, and a Tupac t shirt :)

try this site

http://www.britains-smallwars.com/Sierraleone/index.html

and that description of an african guy sounds kinda like the terrorist I mentioned, but when you put  a black facve on them their arms are whit

PunkerSXDX

« Reply #10 on: 09 Oct 2002, 00:57:17 »

*OFF TOPIC*

Did anyone else get banned from the forum then have their account deleted altogether when OFPEC shut down?

MadMedic told me he had the same Prob. I think he's back though, he hasn't emailed me back though.
*Back On Topic*
There was talk of Modlileing a whole new soldier for this sort of thing, real Skinny with out all the Equipment.

UK_SKA_RULES

« Reply #11 on: 09 Oct 2002, 02:16:50 »

MadMedic told me he had the same Prob. I think he's back though, he hasn't emailed me back though.
*Back On Topic*
There was talk of Modlileing a whole new soldier for this sort of thing, real Skinny with out all the Equipment.

I read that every single username from the old forum got deleted
« Last Edit: 09 Oct 2002, 02:18:06 by UK_SKA_RULES »

Bibmi

« Reply #12 on: 10 Oct 2002, 03:10:10 »
Had these for a while...they're pre-O2 edits without any blood textures....

http://www.angelfire.com/games4/bibspecops/

If you want them as is drop me a pm....but note the zip file is over 2mb...don't want to spend the time sending them to people who can't receive them  ;D