Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: cutsecenes in a mission  (Read 657 times)

Offline royalman51

• Members
  • Hi There
cutsecenes in a mission
« on: 27 Jun 2005, 12:42:27 »
How can you make a cutscene halfway a mission?

Offline Hauk

• Members
  • I sail under the Jolly Roger!! Pirates are kings!!
Re:cutsecenes in a mission
« Reply #1 on: 27 Jun 2005, 15:04:25 »
Okay..... thats a very vague question. And from looking at some of your other posts, i can see that you have "forgotten" to use the "search" function.
Most of the questions you've asked have already been asked on this forum, and as such can be found by searching, but i'll help you anyway.

You could do either of the following:

1. Have a trigger between two objectives, and the cutscene executes as the player approaches the next objective.

or

2. You could have it so that when an objective is finished ("1" ObjStatus "Done"), your cutscene is triggered.

Hauk

qqqqqq

« Reply #2 on: 28 Jun 2005, 13:26:31 »
There are buckets of tutes on this in the Editors Depot.   Link above.   Start with snYpir's camera scripting tute and messiah's camera.sqs tute.

DBR_ONIX

« Reply #3 on: 28 Jun 2005, 14:52:36 »
You can trigger the cutscene from a trigger activation field like you would via an INIT field.
So if your cutscene script is blah.sqs
this exec "blah.sqs"

in trigger activation.

If the cutscene is in your INIT.sqs script, rename the file to something, like cutscene01.sqs, and call this when you need it.
Remeber that things can be moved about, shot and blowen up, so if your cutscene uses a soldier, say, it is possible the player might have shot him, or parked a truck in the way etc..
- Ben