Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Trigger: detected by...  (Read 1109 times)

Offline bardosy

• Honoured Contributor
  • campaign designer
    • CartooDiv
Trigger: detected by...
« on: 20 Jun 2005, 08:21:33 »
How does works the detected by Trigger?

In my mission there is a Res player (Res side, but civilian modell) and some east guard. If the player go to the guard, the guard do nothing, just walk and walk.

I made a trigger "Resistance detected by East" and doFire to the player, but I tested and doesn't work. I think the detected by trigger work only player detect any side, but AI can't detect... Is it true?
Fix bayonet!

Offline bedges

• Administrator
    • OFPEC The Editing Center
Re:Trigger: detected by...
« Reply #1 on: 20 Jun 2005, 16:10:27 »
not quite.

what happens in a 'detected by' trigger is that, depending on who is looking out for who, flashpoint knows when they've been seen.

so for example, say you have a group of east loons (ai) patrolling an area, and there's a 'west detected by east' trigger over them. as soon as anything 'west' is detected within that area, flashpoint will know about it. what flashpoint does next is anyone's guess. usually the loons who have spotted the enemy automatically come running.

but say you have two groups of east loons, one in the north of a town and one in the south. the south loons could spot a westie and run after him, while the northern loons just keep on walking. very unrealistic. you can set up the waypoints for the second group so that if the westie is spotted by the first group, the second group come running too.

qqqqqq

« Reply #2 on: 20 Jun 2005, 16:43:59 »
dofire should usually be preceded by dotarget.    And sometimes reveal.   Sounds like the problem is with the on activation line, not the trigger itself.

Offline bardosy

• Honoured Contributor
  • campaign designer
    • CartooDiv
« Reply #3 on: 21 Jun 2005, 08:54:18 »
Thank you very-very much your answers.
I tried with a little example and detected by trigger works. But in my mission doesn't... :(
I don't know why. In the begining of mission I setCaptive true the player, becouse russion solders stop him and robe his car. (and I want, the east don't shoot to the player). And after this, I setCaptive false and the player go to a base where there are two elite spetzNaz guarding. And they don't want shoot the player too. And the player can dance in front of the east soldiers, they don't shoot... :(
I try the Resistance detected by East trigger, but do nothing... :(
Fix bayonet!

Offline Ottie

• Members
  • And you think this is personal
« Reply #4 on: 21 Jun 2005, 12:02:53 »
What for kind of player do you use, you use a resistance or a civillian type, and to whom the resistance is friendly? (Setting in mission editor)
If you can't beat them, buy them

Offline bardosy

• Honoured Contributor
  • campaign designer
    • CartooDiv
« Reply #5 on: 21 Jun 2005, 12:27:36 »
Resistance is friendly to West...

The player is a GUER side (Resistance) but Vehicle=Civilian7 (the body/cloth is civilian). Do you understand?
Fix bayonet!

Offline bardosy

• Honoured Contributor
  • campaign designer
    • CartooDiv
« Reply #6 on: 22 Jun 2005, 10:36:58 »
I attached the mission to this port. You can open it with Mission Editor. Please tell me why the SpetzNaz doesn't shoot to the player at tha marker "Abandoned Base"
Fix bayonet!

Offline bedges

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: 22 Jun 2005, 20:52:02 »
hmmm... well there are a few unrelated points which i'll mention, but to answer the question, someone seems to be shooting at me.... as soon as i kill any of the patrol who tell me to stop, i start getting shot at, so much so i have yet to make it to the base...

more soon/

Offline bardosy

• Honoured Contributor
  • campaign designer
    • CartooDiv
« Reply #8 on: 23 Jun 2005, 12:31:16 »
Don't kill any member of patrol in the begining of mission!!! They'll kill you. It's oke. It's working.

If you stop front of the patrol and get out the car, they left you and they stole your car.

If you stop front of the patrol, they don't shoot you. But if you can't stop front of the partol, they think you want escape and starting shoot you.

After they left you, go to the Abandoned Base and there are two Spetznaz and they don't want shoot...

Now you can see: in the begining the player are captive (if you kill any member of the patrol or don't stop, the player will be not captive). And when the patrol left you alone and you start moving to the base a trigger set the player to not captive, but the SpetzNaz soldiers don't want kill...
Fix bayonet!

Offline bardosy

• Honoured Contributor
  • campaign designer
    • CartooDiv
« Reply #9 on: 27 Jun 2005, 08:37:18 »
bedges: can you play with mission? Are you get the abandoned base?
Fix bayonet!

Offline bedges

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: 27 Jun 2005, 17:18:45 »
nope. i don't get there at all. i get out of the car as i am told, they drive away, i make across the hill towards the base, and am shot.

Offline bardosy

• Honoured Contributor
  • campaign designer
    • CartooDiv
« Reply #11 on: 28 Jun 2005, 09:23:22 »
Wow... the Russian shoot you after the patrol drive out? It's great.
But why they don't shoot me...?
Fix bayonet!