Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: addon list planes, buildings and ships  (Read 4524 times)

Offline Messiah

• Honourary OFPEC Patron & Drinking Buddy of Wolfsbane
  • Honoured Contributor
  • OFPEC Veteran
    • Project UK Forces
Re:addon list planes, buildings and ships
« Reply #15 on: 14 Oct 2002, 09:28:34 »
well, since the F117 uses the (among others) J-Dam 1500 lb laser guided bomb, then i reckon it should be ok...

this plane is summit i really wanna see in game.  :P
Proud Member of the Volunteer Commando Battalion

Commando

« Reply #16 on: 14 Oct 2002, 15:41:15 »
Humans can control planes in ofp!
Its only the matter of practice and about your joystick(Yes my joystick works with ofp!)or mouse and keyboard.
Im quite good at airplanes in ofp, their actually my favourite part of the game. And I don't understand one thing...why use LGbs when you have mavericks or other missiles like AA on ITA_F16 where you right klick on a target an press left mouse button.... either its a tank or aircraft. I just wonder..why hasn't anyone made any choppers with aa missiles?
Only thing I miss in airplanes are that when you fire on somebody and he starts to make turns the rocket misses...
In movies and probably real-life to I guess they head staight to the target even if the plane starts turning..
And can't some one make a o2 made aircraft with 20 AA missiles? And does anyone know any good aircraft missions out there both mp and single and co-op where you can fight it out with planes? Im trying to make some missions but i haven't got so much time anymore because of my studies...and the fact that any mission I make it says missing addons for my friend even though I only placed org addons...anyone else had that problem?

Schoeler

« Reply #17 on: 14 Oct 2002, 20:12:10 »
Realistic carrier flight operations should now be possible.  Patch 1.85 introduces a "setVelocity" command that should allow for scripting of catapult shots and arrested landings.  Hopefully it will give us the possibility to model VSTOL flight characteristics as well, for you Harrier and Osprey fans out there. ;)

Offline Messiah

• Honourary OFPEC Patron & Drinking Buddy of Wolfsbane
  • Honoured Contributor
  • OFPEC Veteran
    • Project UK Forces
« Reply #18 on: 14 Oct 2002, 21:36:13 »
yeah, just got 1.85 and have been toying with the setvelocity with a script...

seems like aircraft carriers are very possible - as Schoeler said, with a bit of clever scripting then catapults are easy and realistic arrestor wires are slightly harder (trying to add some type of 'missing' the wire) - although i worry for the AI as im not sure how they will react to a sudden change in speed...

we'll see  :P
Proud Member of the Volunteer Commando Battalion

Buzz

« Reply #19 on: 15 Oct 2002, 23:39:52 »
Jets are very easy to control in ofp, and the physics become more normal when you are moving at a higher speed. The Mig-29 fulcrum is cool, but they start flying at 800 which is hard to catch, and most addons are made with poor armor standards. For example the ITA F16(i think) can get shot with a sidewinder and still be able to fight, the mig 29 fulcrum is wasted in 1 shot. The carrier will be great and i hope to see F-14 and F-18 addons out for it to get some of them up in the air.

rancor_man67

« Reply #20 on: 16 Oct 2002, 14:48:32 »
right, here i go again...

I think that planes are good in operation flashpoint. I really think that the f-16 should fly faster. It flys about 600 (km?)
In real life it dose somthing like mach 1. High altitude bombers are a bit Iffy, due to there flying height. Carriers sound good, i can't try that one out yet because my copy of ofp is in storage  ::), but as soon as i get it back i will try it. f-14's and f-18's sound good, how about a behind enemy lines thing?? I agree with more ships, and more buildings would be good as well. Two personal requests to add to the ever growing list:

An mi-8, i should be able to find the specs for it somewhere, and i am a big fan of the v-22 osprey.

Thanks,

Rancor.
« Last Edit: 16 Oct 2002, 14:49:58 by rancor_man67 »

rancor_man67

« Reply #21 on: 16 Oct 2002, 15:18:25 »
Don't say i don't find good pictures.

The mi-8.

« Last Edit: 16 Oct 2002, 15:19:23 by rancor_man67 »

rancor_man67

« Reply #22 on: 17 Oct 2002, 06:54:49 »
More pictures, this time of the v-22 osprey.

Schoeler

« Reply #23 on: 17 Oct 2002, 09:48:55 »
There is a Polish mod that made an excellent looking Mi8, but they say they will only release it with the mod.  What we need is some sort of Russian equivalent of the C-130 so we can do proper Russian airborne operations.

DeLiltMon

« Reply #24 on: 17 Oct 2002, 14:00:08 »
How about an An124? Seen it this morning on opflashpoint.og news, due for release this weekend apparently.

rancor_man67

« Reply #25 on: 17 Oct 2002, 15:06:50 »
Right, my osprey pics didn't work.

What was the name of that site with the mi-8??

thanks,

Rancor.

KFC1200

« Reply #26 on: 18 Oct 2002, 05:28:38 »
Yeah, if you think those bombers are too big for flashpoint, You'll probably scream when they release that Antonov.

I really like the jets in flashoint, the only problem for me is that there isn't enough competition for the West planes out there. The Shilka kind of sucks at shooting down planes, and their really aren't any jets for the Russians. When DKM releases the Tungusta that will hopefully change a little. That ADATS tank really tore up air units.

Buzz

« Reply #27 on: 18 Oct 2002, 05:37:05 »
I agree with you there, there are like no russian plane addons. I would love to be out flying missions in an F-16 or something and have a Mig-28 start engaging my aircraft.