Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: How to make editorupdt work?  (Read 1091 times)

Telescreen

How to make editorupdt work?
« on: 20 Apr 2005, 18:11:35 »
Hello.

I was just wondering if anyone could tell how on earth I am supposed to use
the editorupdate 1.2.pbo file? Where am I suppose to put it?
It's probably so simple nobody ever thought about writing any FAQ, but I'm feeling extraordinary stupid today...

thx!

Silencer

Re:How to make editorupdt work?
« Reply #1 on: 20 Apr 2005, 18:14:55 »
put the .pbo file in your addons folder.

Then (re)start ofp, go to the editor and it is there!

Offline mr reality

• Members
  • insert sharp object
« Reply #2 on: 20 Apr 2005, 18:16:24 »
You put it in your addons folder and then in the mission editor you should see quite a few things in the drop down menu's  ;D

Well it looks like i was a little slow today  :-\
« Last Edit: 20 Apr 2005, 18:16:56 by mr reality »
"I'd like to do more than dance with her"

Telescreen

« Reply #3 on: 20 Apr 2005, 19:20:48 »
Thanks!

But I still can't get that mission working, It says the files editorupdate102 and objects1 are still missing...allthough all the other files seems to get along just fine.....Perhaps I've been missplacing these files...There are rather alot of addon-folders for each version of the game, FDF-modm Invasion 1944 etc...
does it make any diffrence wich addon folder I put it in? Won't it work if I put the files in many folders?

Offline macguba

• Former Staff
    • macguba's operation flashpoint page
« Reply #4 on: 20 Apr 2005, 19:37:29 »
objects1 is an old file, now redundant.   If you want to play an old mission that uses it, you'll have to get your editing hat on.

Open the misson.sqm in Wordpad or Notepad.     Examine the various addon sections at the top and at the start of the Intro and Outro sections.   Remove all references to objects1 and save.     With luck, the mission might now work.

I use Kegetys' OFP launcher (grab it from his site) in combination with my mod folders.    I have official addons only in my actual addons folder, then I have a mod folder which I call "standard" which contains a few standard addons like this.  

To make it work with a full blown mod like FDF, which uses its own .exe, you probably have to put it in the FDF addons folder.   Not sure.
Plenty of reviewed ArmA missions for you to play