Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: (Review Completed) [SP] Deep Water  (Read 11922 times)

Quang Tri

Re:Deep Water Tears of the Sun SEAL Mission
« Reply #30 on: 30 Apr 2005, 06:08:57 »
Sounds like this is really shaping up to somthing really good cant wait to try out the final keep up the good work ;)

Offline The-Architect

• Former Staff
  • Bite my shiny metal...
    • Bob's Un-official Flashpoint Page
« Reply #31 on: 07 May 2005, 14:12:52 »
LATEST VERSION RIGHT HERE

Got the new version ready to go. You can get it at the same place as the last version. Here's a link.

http://www.freewebs.com/thekillingground/docs.htm

The file is called "Deep Water"
Read my first post for details.

I have changed quite a bit.
Addon list reads,

Super Cobra - http://ofp.gamezone.cz/index.php?showthis=5906
      Seal Divers Pack + Needed Addons - http://ofp.gamezone.cz/index.php?showthis=7151
      Nacho's Zodiac - http://ofp.gamezone.cz/index.php?showthis=4121
      Extraction's Seahawk Pack - http://ofp.gamezone.cz/index.php?showthis=7617
      2cm Flak cannon - http://ofp.gamezone.cz/index.php?showthis=8152
      NoRSu's BTR-60 - http://ofp.gamezone.cz/index.php?showthis=4836

As always, Freewebs is a bitch, so a mirror would be greatly appreciated.
Enjoy.
James Andrew Wilkinson 1977 - 2005 R.I.P.
"If it ain't the friggin' incoming it's the friggin' outgoing. Only difference is who gets the friggin' grease, and that ain't no friggin' difference at all."

Acecombat

« Reply #32 on: 07 May 2005, 14:25:54 »
I suggest you look out for the new Super cobra being made by VIT/Puremassavre its much better then this one by NZX shadow.  :)

Offline The-Architect

• Former Staff
  • Bite my shiny metal...
« Reply #33 on: 07 May 2005, 14:50:26 »
I might update it at a later date if the addon is released sooner rather than later. For now though I'll stick to this one.
Also, they'll have to make sure "Marines" isn't written backwards on one side.  :-[
« Last Edit: 07 May 2005, 14:54:26 by The-Architect »
"If it ain't the friggin' incoming it's the friggin' outgoing. Only difference is who gets the friggin' grease, and that ain't no friggin' difference at all."

Acecombat

« Reply #34 on: 07 May 2005, 15:27:52 »
Hehe pure fixed that in his textures , you havent seen the latest pics have you?
Go here an check them out:
http://forums.opflashpoint.org/viewtopic.php?t=18005
 ;)

And someone plz put up a new mirror freewebs sucks i cant d/ld this from there  :(.

Offline Mikero

• Former Staff
  • ook?
    • Linux Step by Step
« Reply #35 on: 07 May 2005, 18:35:53 »
yep. I'll have to hold off too. Can't handle a 2 hour download, sigh.

@architect

you do mention (as you should) where the latest 'n greatest is, but could I suggest putting all of this inside 1st topic? It's grown biigger than u expected hasn't it ::)

Just say no to bugz

Offline Hawkins

• Former Staff
  • Team 2-2
« Reply #36 on: 08 May 2005, 11:25:41 »

Offline Hawkins

• Former Staff
  • Team 2-2
« Reply #37 on: 08 May 2005, 13:33:00 »
And, the review. :)

In the intro, when Hawkin is at the barn with the rebel leader, he doesn't have his "own face". At least on the last two struckdowns he has the default OFP face.
Now, the next suggestion is totally up to you, but here goes. When Loud briefs his men, they all have their weapons. Now, IMO, they shouldn't have them. :) The camo's are cool, but the weapons IMO shouldn't be there. This is just a small cosmetic thing, so I'll leave it up to you.
Liked the intro very much, was better than last time. :) Not so long blackouts.
The AI (especially at the radio tower) was more responsive than last time, which was good. No problem there though, took them all out before they could even blink. ;)
I cleared the castle this time, boy did I surprise them. :D Then I had a report of two guys coming up the road to the castle. Do they come there even though I don't clear the place? Took them out as well.
The AA guns, I killed the gunners on them but still I didn't get that objective done. I don't like blowing them up since last time I took a few friendlies with it. :) Also a small issue, the important thing is that I get out alive and accomplish the mission.
When we were seen, Echo reported that someone was running towards the beach and probably was a runner. Ok, I'll take him out. Then my guy started  reporting that there was a US 100m from the town. How on earth did he get past us? I didn't get any reports of him leaving town or anything. It's cool though, he must've been one sneaky bastard. ;D We got the hostage and tanks rolled in. I hauled ass to the church and waited for the choppers to take them out. I had some issues with 6 (he was stuck, or at least that's what he thought), but that's OFP's fault. :)
I loved the outro, the credits are spot on, maybe they could've been displayed at once, like:
Testers,
name
name
name...
and so on, but it's ok as it is. :)

Really an improvement over the last version. The AI is more reactive, but not too reactive so the player can remain stealthy as long as he needs. Great work! :)

Acecombat

« Reply #38 on: 08 May 2005, 15:25:03 »
Cheers Hawkins , d/lding now.

Offline The-Architect

• Former Staff
  • Bite my shiny metal...
« Reply #39 on: 08 May 2005, 21:55:07 »
Hawkins, did you add the hostage faces addon from the addon folder supplied?

Offline Hawkins

• Former Staff
  • Team 2-2
« Reply #40 on: 09 May 2005, 20:16:17 »
Hmm, I thought I did, but it seemed like they went into their own AddOns folder inside my AddOns folder. :o My bad, I guess I was too eager to play the mission that I didn't have time to double check things. ;D
« Last Edit: 09 May 2005, 20:16:41 by Hawkins »

Offline MrN

• Contributing Member
  • Pffff
« Reply #41 on: 10 May 2005, 00:19:41 »
Had a bash at this.

So far it's all gone a bit pear-shaped, but in a good way! Completely my fault  ;D

I saw a jeep drive away just after I started shooting at the radio tower and the whole missions gone fubar! Should have read the brief…

Speaking of which, the briefing is very well done indeed. Nice job. A lot to read as first but as I've found out, it's worth paying attention.

I've completely avoided the castle and my last savegame is currently sitting in the woods to the south-west of Saint Pierre watching the whole place fill up with bad guys. I've been smacked down hard 3 times in a row by the machine guns and my whole squad is getting slaughtered by hunters in the woods.  :-X

So far so good but I think a restart is in order  ;)

To be continued…

By the way, the mission called for an "HH60J" which I found here:
http://ofp.gamezone.cz/index.php?showthis=5282
In the 60's, people took acid to make the world weird. Now the world is weird and people take Prozac to make it normal.

Offline Mikero

• Former Staff
  • ook?
    • Linux Step by Step
« Reply #42 on: 10 May 2005, 06:25:30 »
thank you again Hawkins, you're back on my xmas card list :D

summary:

no bugz detected.

no wierd stuff detected (except 1 noted below).

Overview: Touche

The following are impressions:

Intro: Loved it just as much. This and the outro are in the best category. You appear to have removed the tester list, or whatever list you did have in the intro. I was dissappointed by this *only* because it had such a powerful impact. You have removed it for your own reasons. However, it's a style I hope others copy, one minute you're watching the scene, next the text, next the scene, etc...

I appeared to have started a little closer to land. The peninunsula of sand was visible to me from the start.

The boat remains out of the water, but, I was watching for it and it's not as noticeably 'wrong'.

Despite any hard work you may have done behind the scenes, the impression of the mission itself is that there were no drastic changes. It all flowed as before. Not a criticism btw. This looks very much like a final road test before release.

The sentry at 1st objective dropped from tower this time (good). One loon ran away and did not affect 'objective complete' (good).

The tank busting chopper did not land this time (good) and took out all the armour without help from us (good)

Further impressions were that there were less nasties around town and that Beta squad were deadlier, smarter, faster off the mark. Both comments may be wrong because of playing before and basically not getting in the wrong place at the right time.

The outro was wonderful, again, and that was very kind to mention me, thank you for being that considerate.

The fire scripts in the outro were not evident during game play (bad)

I did not test the emergency evac via bravo. Nor did i implement your 'faces'. I had two ofp crashes during gameplay which I put down to a new memory stick.

One wierd happened after I used an rpg, i was stuck in a slow walk as if carrying a handgun, or sighting thru rifle. A reload fixed this.

Some, not all, but some enemy loons were mere target practice. They made no attempt to do much even when I ran over them. It did not effect game play, as in hunt the last loon bug, because it wasn't a required objective.

As far as I'm able to tell, this mission is complete and ready for public consumption.

Oh yes, forgot to mention, this mission's bloody good.

Just say no to bugz

Offline The-Architect

• Former Staff
  • Bite my shiny metal...
« Reply #43 on: 10 May 2005, 13:37:51 »
Cool thing guys I'll fix the bug with the burning scipt for the AA guns and then I'll re-arrange the addons I supply with the mission so you just have to drag and drop the whole chunk together I think that would be better.

I really suggest that you guys use the faces. The hostage will appear in various different states of disrepair if you do. He even gets a running nosebleed in one scene.

I'll fix all that and then I'll run through one more time myself and then I'll start to think about release time.
Cheers guys.  :-*

Offline bedges

• Administrator
    • OFPEC The Editing Center
« Reply #44 on: 10 May 2005, 17:05:13 »
just downloaded, i'll give it a more complete whirl later. first impressions -

intro -

that nosebleed is class ;)
the vehicles are all nicely in-shot now.
some text needs looking at vis a vis timing of the audio speech - specifically at the senator's house when they tell him his son's missing - it disappears pretty fast, before the audio is complete.

you might also want to separate that last sentence - "oh and General..." end of shot; new shot (close up of general looking "cynic" or "angry") "...kill those sons of b*tch*s!" maybe a bit ott and cheesy, but the line sort of cries out for it ;)

briefing -

wasn't much wrong to begin with, so it's still excellent. one thing i'd look at (and it is a very picky point) is the border around the images. there's a nice drop shadow in there, but the paper colour is just that wee bit lighter than the page. goes for the overview also. no biggie, just cosmetic.

mission -

haven't progressed further than the radio tower - one oddity - i dropped the guards around the fire, turned my scope on the loon up the tower and he was nowhere to be seen. on jogging up closer, i discovered him lying dead at the foot of the radio mast. he evidently got so excited he fell off...  ::)

fine thus far. i think apart from the aa-gun fiasco in the town the mission was pretty much a finished version last time around, so i'll report any bugs if i come across them.

two questions, btw - where'd the intro music come from, and how'd you do the nosebleed? i see the various stages in the zip folder, so is it just a fast-ish setface loop?
« Last Edit: 10 May 2005, 17:08:25 by bedges »