Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: blind AI sniper  (Read 3708 times)

Offline Blanco

• Former Staff
Re:blind AI sniper
« Reply #30 on: 11 Apr 2005, 13:45:10 »
You can't.
Search or search or search before you ask.

UNN

« Reply #31 on: 11 Apr 2005, 14:44:22 »
Do you think that this tower can be some kind of obstacle for him? To find out if it's possible I took his place in this tower as a player but imo everything should be fine.

Possible, I noticed the AI wont fire over sandbags if they belong to the same side. So the thing your firing from, could effect the AI, even when it looks ok from the players point of view. Plus if your Sniper is jumping down, he is probably looking for a clear line of sight? And out in the open his firest reaction is to go prone.

I can hardly believe that it's possible but haven't tried it out yet. And besides my mission is on Kolgujev island where there's almost no flat grounds there - at least in my mission's area.

High ground is definetly an advantage :) But I had a mess around and the Reveal command works great, better than DoWatch with standard units. So it probably is the tower or something else. He will open up around 900 meters on Kolgulev. here's my test mission:

900 Meter Sniper

It's worth viewing just from the Targets point of view, not often in OFP you here the bullet fly past before the shot.

voodzia

« Reply #32 on: 11 Apr 2005, 17:18:16 »
So if I can't replace this stupid watchtower - what'd you suggest me to do? Placing another one near it would be looking too much unrealistic I think. I guess I'll have to remove this "disableAI move" command and that's gonna make him jump down the tower and start shooting. That's all I can do I'm afraid :(
@ UNN - nice mission ;) but I can't switch cameras - how am I to do it? I'm sorry but I just know sh*t about cameras in OFP and in general either ;)
« Last Edit: 12 Apr 2005, 11:07:18 by voodzia »

Offline THobson

• OFPEC Patron
  • Former Staff
« Reply #33 on: 11 Apr 2005, 22:46:03 »
If you cannot make OFP do what you want it to do, change what you want it to do until it can.  You will save yourself a lot of frustration.

UNN

« Reply #34 on: 12 Apr 2005, 03:24:17 »
I'm sorry but I just know sh*t about camers in OFP and in general either

Well you could just play as the East commander, but I added radio options to the mission to switch cameras between him and and Snipers Scope. It's handy to see what the AI thinks of it's target. Without the reveal command, the sniper spots a man\unknown at around 800 meters, but they can get well within 400 meters before he identifies them as hostile.

gonna make him jump down the tower and start shooting

I'm sure your sniper would be happier lying in a bush somewhere, i'd group him with a officer in the tower. He could use his vantage point to spot targets.
« Last Edit: 12 Apr 2005, 03:26:42 by UNN »

Offline macguba

• Former Staff
    • macguba's operation flashpoint page
« Reply #35 on: 12 Apr 2005, 10:00:33 »
When you hit a brick wall like this the secret is lateral thinking.    OFP is a wonderful, complex game:  when it rains on your parade, you can usually apply a bit of lateral thinking and imagination to invent a slightly different parade, upon which the game has no desire to rain.
Plenty of reviewed ArmA missions for you to play

voodzia

« Reply #36 on: 12 Apr 2005, 11:06:59 »
Time for a little conclusion - AI snipers ain't blind, steeltowers are sh*t and you all guys are great. Thank you all for your help.
Kind regards,
voodzia