Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: BAS blackhawk map thingy  (Read 1114 times)

Commando

BAS blackhawk map thingy
« on: 25 Aug 2004, 03:46:23 »
I got a quick question how do i make the bas blackhawk map position thingy work? I have lots of custom islands and i don't know what their sizes are so is there anyway to find out and make the damn blackhawk map computer work?  ;D

Crassus

Re:BAS blackhawk map thingy
« Reply #1 on: 16 Oct 2004, 00:39:17 »
If you mean getting a map of your custom island into the helo's map display system, from the Readme-BAS_Blackhawks1_SOAR2:

BLACKHAWK DETAILS

1) Moving map display:
-The addon comes with inbuilt support for all BIS islands, Ia Drang and possibly a new BAS island, (yet to be released as of this date)

a) Custom Maps: Mission makers can make custom mission maps for either new custom islands or, by using alpha textures, just mission specific elements.

these custom maps can be added to the display via the following init line command.

this setObjectTexture [0,"<your_texturename_in_here>"]

The texture should be a 256x256 paa file and saved in your mission folder.
(note: due to the nature of setobjecttexture, larger texture files will not make the map appear clearer)

b) Larger Island Support
-There is also manual support for larger island sizes than the default 256x256 islands. It will be up to the island maker
or mission maker to create the underlying texture but the location crosshairs will correctly indicate your position.
This feature has to be enabled manually by a mission maker by declaring the variable "bas_60mapsize".
This should be set to the size of the island.
eg bas_60mapsize = 512, or bas_60mapsize = 1024.
If using a standard 256x256 island then there is no need to do anything.

Thanks to DKM for permission to use their scripts for island identification.

Commando

« Reply #2 on: 16 Oct 2004, 00:57:19 »
what if i don't know size of island and texture name?

Offline supershooter

• Members
  • 2+2=4
« Reply #3 on: 21 Apr 2005, 17:00:41 »
hmmm

you'll have to work it out won't you... Otherwise you won't be able to get your map in. If it isn't your island you want to use - ask around and do a bit of research.

-supershooter