Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: A.I respawn  (Read 934 times)

Offline Ding

• Contributing Member
  • Jurassic Park
A.I respawn
« on: 01 Apr 2005, 14:38:22 »
Hi , this is my problem,

i have the player and what i want to happen is that when the player activates a trigger one group of enemy soldiers will be created in the game
a few metres in front of me. im pretty sure this can be done :D

can someone tell me what commands are needed or what contents i would need to put in a script to make this happen, thanks.
"If I remain lost and die on a cross, atleast I wasn't born in a manger"

Offline nominesine

• Former Staff
  • I'm NOT back!
    • The IKB Forum
Re:A.I respawn
« Reply #1 on: 01 Apr 2005, 15:01:26 »
The command you need is called createVehicle. Despite the name it doesn't only create cars, trucks and other vehicles. It can be used to create any new object on the map in game. You can also use camCreate. Information on both commands are in the comref that you find in the editors depot.
OFPEC | Intel Depot
RETARDED Ooops... Retired!

Offline RujiK

• Members
  • KoKo Puh-Fizzles!
« Reply #2 on: 01 Apr 2005, 21:27:30 »
The easiest way would be to create a group of soldier a million miles away and then just setpos them in.

Very simple.
I like your approach, lets see your departure.
Download the New Flashlight Script!

Dubieman

« Reply #3 on: 02 Apr 2005, 00:04:47 »
Rujik's way is usually the easiest. I made a cool ambush test with a lot of setpos. It was amazing how 5 groups appeared in 5 seconds and swarmed the truck. ;D

There are also scripts in the ed depot.

Offline Ding

• Contributing Member
  • Jurassic Park
« Reply #4 on: 02 Apr 2005, 08:03:04 »
how do you use the setpos command in this way? i only know how to set heights with it. :D

and i got the camcreate command to work for soldiers but i think they are brain dead beacause all they can do is die, and nothing else.
"If I remain lost and die on a cross, atleast I wasn't born in a manger"

CrashnBurn

« Reply #5 on: 02 Apr 2005, 08:27:08 »
Camcreated soldiers have no AI. Createvehicle is also wrong for making soldiers. Use the "createunit" command if you must create soldiers runtime. There's a tutorial in the ed depot. ;)