Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: New campaign  (Read 1362 times)

Metalman

New campaign
« on: 18 Apr 2005, 14:50:37 »
I came up with a good idea about 10 minutes ago. You start of has a civillian. The year is 1985 and the Russians have just invaded. This is set the same time has the original campaign. It all starts when your home town is bombed from US bombers and you are the only survivor of the attack. You wait for someone to rescue you and the russians turn up to turn up and come with them. You join the Russian army and help them fight against the Americans. What do you guys think and if anyone has any mission ideas please tells us

Offline wcrvieira

• Former Staff
Re:New campaign
« Reply #1 on: 18 Apr 2005, 16:34:38 »
Thats a good idea... But for missions idea... well I have none!  :(
I am thinking in so many things atm for ofp... but If i find something ill tell you dont worry!

LAter!
BV

Offline Artak

• The old beanbag shaker
  • Former Staff
  • You want to talk about it, yes?
    • OFP Team Finlanders
« Reply #2 on: 18 Apr 2005, 19:05:15 »
It's a good start. I can see some nice visuals in my mind from the intro or cutscene when the bombers come. Sadly, it's nothing more than one or two missions - the very begining of the campaign.
You need to develop a firm plot with some twists from that start. Make it personal for the civilian player who joins the Russians. Also make it clear why the guy wants to, and why he's allowed to, join the Russian army. Have the player experience the horrors of war to civilian population. Add a murdered wife or family in the plot to make it touching.

Not all is lost.

Metalman

« Reply #3 on: 18 Apr 2005, 19:21:08 »
The reason he can join the russians is that he is russian and moved to everon to get away from the conflicts i  russia. The intro shows the bombing of the village where is wife is killed and all his friendsw has he is the only survivor, i am still working on the storyline tho, might change abit

Offline dmakatra

• Members
  • Better known as Armsty
« Reply #4 on: 18 Apr 2005, 20:48:55 »
The problem with 99.99% of the OFP missions (IMO) is that it paints out one side as evil, and one side as good. Instead of making it so bloody black and white all the time, why not let the player form the resistance? The resistance will then fight both the Americans and the Russians, while they are fighting each other. Could be good with some nice plot twists as well. Maybe with the player joining one of the armies for a while because he thinks they're the better guys, but they end up killing his son or whatever.

War isn't something that should be taken lightly. War is one of the biggest morale conflicts that exist, and there has never been an entirley good side or an entirley bad side, not even in such a "political correct" war as WW2. Summing up war in good vs. evil is therefor something you shouldn't do. This is something media always misses, from OFP missions to Hollywood movies. For once I would like to see something or someone that doesn't treat the world with such naïv black/whiteness.

:beat: *Gets Shot* :beat:

Offline greg147

• Contributing Member
    • Royal Air Assault Battalion
« Reply #5 on: 18 Apr 2005, 20:56:09 »
The resistance will then fight both the Americans and the Russians, while they are fighting each other

Damn, thats exactly what my campaign im making at the moment is based on.  :tomato:
Royal Air Assault Battalion - [L/Cpl] Greg
RAAB

Metalman

« Reply #6 on: 19 Apr 2005, 15:06:29 »
Good idea,  i might change my idea, what about he joins the Russian army and after a few mission he goes rogue and joins the Resistance army and returns the fight to the russians and Americans. what do you think