Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Waypoints  (Read 522 times)

pazuzu

Waypoints
« on: 25 Mar 2005, 00:06:54 »
I'm having a little trouble with planes that seem to wander from their waypoints. I'm making an air map & I have all enemy aircraft with about 5 "Move" waypoints & ending with a "Cycle" waypoint. In the first WP of each aircraft I have the settings "Openfire/engage at will" & "Combat".

Looking at some other missions I see that sometimes the author will not use a "Cycle" WP but instead just delete the WP thats over the unit & click another WP over it linking it to the last "Move" WP so that there are only "Move" WP's all linked together & no "Cycle" WP.

I was wondering what the difference is?

Is one more reliable than the other?

I've looked at alot of tuts on waypoints...just wondered if you guys had any advice?

Thanks.

Offline THobson

• OFPEC Patron
  • Former Staff
Re:Waypoints
« Reply #1 on: 25 Mar 2005, 00:14:32 »
You need to have a Cycle waypoint to make them repeat their route.  Planes and helicopters do seem to have a mind of their own.  In fact they have an aversion to high ground.  I suggest you look at what they are doing in your case and see if that could be your problem.
« Last Edit: 25 Mar 2005, 00:14:42 by THobson »

Offline macguba

• Former Staff
    • macguba's operation flashpoint page
« Reply #2 on: 26 Mar 2005, 15:50:25 »
Planes in particular sometimes have trouble hitting a waypoint:   they circle round and try again, miss, try again, etc, etc..    Try moving the waypoints a little.

Also, waypoints too far apart can cause problems.      The solution is just to experiment.
Plenty of reviewed ArmA missions for you to play

Offline Sui

• Former Staff
    • OFPEC
« Reply #3 on: 27 Mar 2005, 01:25:15 »
Be warned that an aircraft must be within 500m of a waypoint to activate it. That includes vertically, so if your aircraft are flying above that they won't hit any waypoints ;)

pazuzu

« Reply #4 on: 27 Mar 2005, 03:47:13 »
That's news to me...

I have a C130 flying around the map with just 4 WPs & at an altitude of 2000 meters & it doesn't have much trouble eccept for circling sometimes. The C130 never dissapears like the SU27 seem to & they fly at 1000m.

Thanks for the reply.