Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Addons Submission  (Read 1587 times)

monoloth69

Addons Submission
« on: 13 Mar 2005, 05:13:45 »
Long time no see everyone

Just a little question actually, I submitted my Beta DOA Urban Soldiers last week, and was looking for them in the addons depot.  Started paying closer attention to some of the dates and noticed that the most recently listed addons date back to '03.  Is there something wrong with the depot?

I submitted via FTp, so I know they are there, was just curious is all, need some feedback on them.

A second location for their availability is
http://www.disciples-squad.net/OFPWatch/DOA_Units.rar

Full readme is enclosed, would appreciate the feedback!

monoloth69

Re:Addons Submission
« Reply #1 on: 16 Mar 2005, 18:29:47 »
Hmmmmmm.................

A few views, but no replies...

Who would I contact?  Is the addon depot out of commission?  How can I tell if my submission is even pending?

Is there a secret handshake or something?

Is there anyone out there?

Dubieman

« Reply #2 on: 16 Mar 2005, 22:36:19 »
Hey monoloth69,

The addon depot isn't dead. We haven't had a whole lot of submissions lately, and the old submissions were finally reveiwed a few monthes ago.

However, I'm looking at the depot now, and I don't see any  submission of yours. If you did submit it, it'd be in the latest submitted section. You may want to try again. :P

For people to contact try Noon416, Asmodeus, or Ktotte.  ;)
« Last Edit: 16 Mar 2005, 22:37:20 by GuiltyRoachKillar »

monoloth69

« Reply #3 on: 18 Mar 2005, 04:05:25 »
GuiltyRK,

As you have noticed, my addon submission is not in the recently submitted addons area.

In fact, I am showing that the most recently submitted addon is the DSF Nuclear SCUD addon, dated 26 FEB 05

Just to verify that my addon submission had gone thru, I went to the FTP location provided in the addon submission area, and double checked that my files were there.  Yep, they are there.

I can understand if there is a backlog, I was just curious if there was an issue with the submission, since I cant seem to find them here @ OFPEC, even when I search for them under my registered DOA tag.

I do have them also listed @ our site, http://disciples-squad.net/OFPWatch/DOA_Units.rar
I am actually just wanting to get some feedback on the addons themselves.  Cant fix it if I dont know if it is broke.

Dubieman

« Reply #4 on: 22 Mar 2005, 04:50:59 »
Hmm, I still don't see it there. Did you get through all the steps for adding your addon to the listings? Like did you match the file name up and all?

If you did and its still not working, I suggest you contact Noon416 and he can get you some website help.

And for testing, try the addon beta testing board.

Best of luck,
GRK

monoloth69

« Reply #5 on: 23 Mar 2005, 01:34:31 »
Well.................when I click on the link for the FTP server located on the Addons Submission page, and I check the folders there, my addon files are there.

I fired off a message to Asmodeus, no reply as of yet.

since I am on 56k, placing the addons in the FTP server was the best way to go for me, file size in .rar format is 1.55MB.  If the other way is the only way to submit them, then I guess I will try that route, but I will not simply fire off more files to get lost in the abyss.

In other words, I guess that I am waiting for one of the "moderators" of the addons depot to let me know what, if any, the problem is or could be.

***UPDATE***
I went back and re-submitted the entire set of files, now the damm thing wont recognize either image, no matter what I did.  I even tried mashing them into .rar files and submitting them, no dice.  Definitely something amiss there.  Anyway, I got a confirmation that the addon is there, sorry, just no pic to go with it.

Thanks again for the help GRK, looks like it took this time!
 ;D
« Last Edit: 23 Mar 2005, 02:27:36 by monoloth69 »

Dubieman

« Reply #6 on: 24 Mar 2005, 02:45:42 »
Drr....I'm not thinking....

The problem might be that it has to be in .zip form not .rar. :P

But if you got it up......