Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: ShellShock  (Read 1115 times)

Macheteinyaface666

ShellShock
« on: 02 Mar 2005, 22:20:25 »
I was thinking,What if after constant shelling(script) some units developed shellshock.t would add a new level of realism comforting shellshocked allies.  :joystick: :gunman:

Kyle Sarnik

Re:ShellShock
« Reply #1 on: 02 Mar 2005, 23:21:00 »
 ??? you need to specify, I mean sure you could call them shellshocked but what would they look like, how would it effect them in combat? Besides you can never care too much about AI, AI just don't manage well at being human, they are too much like AI. And im sure you could never get a player to develop shellshock in combat.

Offline Morglor9

• Members
« Reply #2 on: 27 Mar 2005, 19:31:13 »
I actually played around with making a script for this for v1.46, but it wasn't great. what i did was camcreate a small explosion far enough away to do a very little bit of damage. then i slowed down the time, set the fog in really close and played some sounds that i took from call of duty (i think). after a few seconds, everything goes back to normal. it wasn't great, but if it's really wanted i could work on it more...
Cymbaline

Offline Pr0ph3t

• Members
« Reply #3 on: 27 Mar 2005, 21:37:08 »
Hey that's pretty neat... You know the sound that call of duty imitates when you shellshock is a low or high pass filter.. So if you find anything that modifies the file in that way, you can get that nice deaf sound feeling..

I too am trying to find a way to simulate this. But can you determine from what type of shell you receive damage from? If not won't every bullet that passes near you cause this effect?

Offline Morglor9

• Members
« Reply #4 on: 28 Mar 2005, 09:01:19 »
actually, i activated this script when the player is in a certain point near an arty strike or something. the explosion is called as part of the script. that way it's what i want and where i want it. i tend to do things like this, to keep control over how the mission works.

I think i will continue working on that script, somebody might be able to use it/make it better.
« Last Edit: 28 Mar 2005, 09:02:20 by Morglor9 »
Cymbaline